Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    catracho in aztecaland
    Quote Originally Posted by brankulo View Post
    after 1 hr of riding my new i950 r it stopped working. not sure what happened as it was after i lowered if after climb. now it will not hold the position. it will always extend all the way up, and when i put pressure on it it would go all the way down. it is not cable problem as i detached cable ant it would still act the same. is this something that rebuilding using guide from post#1 will fix or do i need to send it to ks?
    or is there something else i could do to fix?
    Dear brankulo, you've just been victim of the poor quality the KS Products have. The post has gotten air in the oil chamber, resulting from poor tolerance in the Floating Piston.

I my self have been affected too. I suggest you send the post back, and make sure they replace the internals, and not just put it back together as it will fail again. Make sure they confirm that to you.

G'luck!

P

mtbr member
    i emailed rick and asked him to replace internals on my post. will see what he comes back with.
    i did whole bunch of research before i decided which post and ks seemed to have less negative comments here than reverb which i was also considering. i new from posts though that with ks it is hit or miss. i was ready for that but it still ruined my day.

pablo, just curious, how did you end up with your post? i see it came back from rick with same issue. are you trying to fix it yourself now?
    Last edited by brankulo; 10-09-2011 at 05:41 PM.

catracho in aztecaland
    Quote Originally Posted by brankulo View Post
    pablo, just curious, how did you end up with your post? i see it came back from rick with same issue. are you trying to fix it yourself now?
    I live in Mexico, so I tried sending it once and took like 6 weeks to come back. So yes, I am trying to fix it now. New seals arrive on monday so I will give it another try, as Rick said the issue is with the IFP crush tolerance. Hope you can get yours straighten out.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I have a small issue with my I900. The lever isn't very smooth, like there is a bit of dirt in around the lever base. I'm not sure if I undo the allen nut which holds the lever on, will it spring apart? is it all under some tension?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by peterpiper View Post
    I have a small issue with my I900. The lever isn't very smooth, like there is a bit of dirt in around the lever base. I'm not sure if I undo the allen nut which holds the lever on, will it spring apart? is it all under some tension?
    Try loosening the clamp set screw a little bit (1/4 - 1/2 turn) I had the same issues with mine when I installed it the first time. The lever was smooth and quick until I installed it on the bars and then it was sticky. For some reason the whole thing binds a little bit if the clamp is too tight.

catracho in aztecaland
    Quote Originally Posted by peterpiper View Post
    I guess you mean the seatpost lever not the remote control. If that is the case, I don't think is under any spring tension. What is tensioned is the small button the lever presses to actuate a valve inside the post. G'luck.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Thanks, yeah its the lever under the saddle not the remote lever. Cheers guys..

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    @ Zazzique -
    Hello there! I saw you post regarding the repair of the KS dropper seatpost. First of all, I would like to tell you the problem on mine. When it is set high, It goes down for about an inch when I sit on it and goes back to its original position when I remove any pressure. With this, which step would solve this problem? Should I just add air pressure on the piston?or should I open EVERYTHING and put oil on the necessary spots.I hope you can help me on this one.

catracho in aztecaland
    Quote Originally Posted by LGavin View Post
    @ Zazzique -
    Hello there! I saw you post regarding the repair of the KS dropper seatpost. First of all, I would like to tell you the problem on mine. When it is set high, It goes down for about an inch when I sit on it and goes back to its original position when I remove any pressure. With this, which step would solve this problem? Should I just add air pressure on the piston?or should I open EVERYTHING and put oil on the necessary spots.I hope you can help me on this one.
    Hey LGavin, it seems is air passed through the piston seals. You'd need to open and the whole overhaul process. Please beware that the contents are under pressure! What I've done is to unscrew the cap a few turns and let the air/oil escape slowly over a couple of hours until there is little pressure and the blowoff is leas when fully opened.

Take into account that if it happened once, it will happen again. If you still have warranty send it back and have the internals changed.

Cheers.

P

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    @Pabloquintana

Thank you for the response! I appreciate it. One question though, can i just live with this problem because the sag is not that big and it does not affect my pedalling at all. Or should I act now because it will eventually get worst and will sag all the way down?

Another problem just occured yesterday after a muddy ride is that when I press the lever, the circle "switch" I don know the exact term will stick down and which means the mechanism will stay open! I suppose its because of the mud or water that hit it which caused stiction or obstruction on the sidewall of the ball. I have pressured it with water, applied lube on it but it still stays down. I also applied silicone spray but there was no effect. I removed my seatclamp to have a bird's eye view of the ball, it looks clean though. Im afraid the mud was pushed all the way down?

Last concern, if you said that its just air leakage from the inside, would putting air pressure again from the valve not solve the sagging issue? Or I should really open everything up and reapply putting oil, close it again and apply air pressure from the shock pump?

Did this happen to you before? When you say that it will return again and my post is no longer under warranty, do you mean I will be obliged to open it once in a while?

Thank you and I hope you can help me on these.
    Last edited by LGavin; 11-03-2011 at 07:57 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Ok so i opened my post today and reassembled it. My question is where do you put the oil? and how much should I put? My mechanic said to put at least half on the biggest tube before putting the floating piston? am I right?That's where i only put the oil. I did not apply anything on the medium sized rod and smallest sized rod with the plunger. Is this correct?

mtbr member
    subscribed

catracho in aztecaland
    Ok so i opened my post today and reassembled it. My question is where do you put the oil? and how much should I put? My mechanic said to put at least half on the biggest tube before putting the floating piston? am I right?That's where i only put the oil. I did not apply anything on the medium sized rod and smallest sized rod with the plunger. Is this correct?
    The instructions posted by zazzique expolian clearly how to put it back. Check 'em here.

P

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    By the way PAOLO, hows your seatpost now? Have you finally got your new piston? Did it stop the leaking issue? My floating piston has no scratch or anything. Is it true that low air pressure will avoid air leakage and the only trade off is the extension length? I too can live with that!

catracho in aztecaland
    By the way PAOLO, hows your seatpost now? Have you finally got your new piston? Did it stop the leaking issue? My floating piston has no scratch or anything. Is it true that low air pressure will avoid air leakage and the only trade off is the extension length? I too can live with that!
    Well L Gavin, I kinda given up on the post. I am receiving a new bike with a Specialized Command Post and stopped trying to fix it. I had no luck with less air, so don't go there.The issue I believe is with the crushing tolerance for the piston, and these guys at KS are not really backing up their products. I know you're stucked now, but I would go with another post now. The Giant one seems pretty solid. Should try it.

Regards man.

P

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Thank you Pablo, since this crap is kinda hopeless already, Are there any tricks to prolong its life until the sagging issue happens again? What i am thinking of is to use it only if it is really needed. Otherwise, just let it stay up all the time. And would avoiding the pulling of the seatpost up help minimize the risk of the sagging issue. I hope so.=)

catracho in aztecaland
    Thank you Pablo, since this crap is kinda hopeless already, Are there any tricks to prolong its life until the sagging issue happens again? What i am thinking of is to use it only if it is really needed. Otherwise, just let it stay up all the time. And would avoiding the pulling of the seatpost up help minimize the risk of the sagging issue. I hope so.=)
    Try it again, probably change the seals. You can easily find them as Quad Rings Q113 and Q114 if I remember correctly. Maybe tolerance is better on the new ones for the piston. I don't think the pulling does anything to the post. Good luck my friend.

P

mtbr member
    mine came back from rick after 3 weeks with no explanation as to what was wrong and what he did to fix it. had 2 shorter rides on it since, so far it is holding up.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Are those rings you are referring to are the O rings? Don't you think I should change the floating piston? Does anybody know where can I get one?

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Awesome post. I will be doing this very soon.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    brankulo, what was the problem of your seatpost before?

mtbr member
    it turned into suspension post.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    My post has about 1/2" up/down "suspension" in it at full extension,
    It will also extend if you grab the seat and over a long rough section the post will slowly rise from a lowered position.
    It's not annoying me badly enough to send it off yet, but once winter really sets in I'll be sending it off for some warranty work.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    @brankulo- hahah same as mine! so how is it now?

mtbr member
    i am planing bigger ride friday so i will post after that. gonna take my spare seatpost with me for sure.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast