the goose is loose!

Kona's Magic Link:

Magic Link

idunno. the flash demo isn't that great, but i get what they are trying to do. whether it will be viable or not, remains to be seen.

banned
    There is a discussion going on about this on the Kona forum. Look for the one in which I posted my thoughts.

ride hard take risks
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

Elitest thrill junkie
    It's that added weight and more moving parts that I've always been looking for.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    That animation seems backwards.

ride hard take risks
    I like the note across the bottom.

"THIS PRESENTATION FOR APPROVED, INTERNAL KONA USE ONLY - DO NOT SHARE"
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

Flying Goat
    lol... looks like someone leaked it out... looks good though. Let's just hope, they are already have the rights to it...

www.derbyrims.com
    Looks like a good idea for downhill bikes, maybe AM.

It stiffens up the shock rate and raises the BB for pedaling for good clearance without the added kickback of a high pivot or VPP.

And softens the rear in reaction to rear braking without raising the BB, unlike near parallel floaters which raise the BB - actually the opposite the BB is lowered from rear braking like a monopivot except without brake induced shock compression and firming.

It would add about 1 - 1.5 lbs if made for an AM bike compared to a monopivot of the same material.

A bit like the Biocon in changing frame angles as needed, but automatic, and without travel compromises, and without the compromises of air shocks.

the goose is loose!
    MBA leaked it. at first i didn't see that the yellow magic link was attached to the frame on the bottom, so it didn't seem like the action would be consistent. but now i know. i wonder how this suspension will act when you jump it, and just how much of a difference it will make in the ride. and will it only move when braking? will it go back and forth when going into turns and powering out of them? if so, that could be a nice feature. you've got plush suspension to soak up braking bumps, then when you lay the power down it's like an automatic platform, though not as stiff as say ProPedal or SPV or anything like that...

banned
    I am also concerned about the huge change in leverage ratio. It doesn't appear that Kona went with overly long stroke shocks to reduce the ratio at the higher travel setting.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpercussive
    lol... looks like someone leaked it out... looks good though. Let's just hope, they are already have the rights to it...
    my bad, someone must've though i was a staffer or something over on the kona owners area and PMed it to me