mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Kona Stinky Six sizing

Just curious what size you all are riding, and how tall you are and what your inseam is. I'm unsure if I'm an 18 w/ 23" TT or a 19 w/ 23.5" TT.

My current bike is a 19 w/ 23.9" TT, and about a 68.5 HA and a 90mm 10 degree stem. I'd like to go a little shorter and figure the Stinky Six in size 18 w/ 23" TT and a 60mm stem would shorten things up by 2ish inches, which doesn't seem extreme to me. I'm 6' 0" and have a 34" inseam.

thoughts????

edit: would this be better off in the Kona forum? Saw some Kona posts in here and thought I was in the Kona forum. Either way, it's a legitimate question for this type/size of bike.
    Thanks.

usually cranky
    put it in the kona or dh/ fr forum. not an all mountain bike.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I just bought a 18 in (Large) 2009 Stinky Six. I'm 6' 1, and think it's a great size for me. I use to ride a 19 inch Hardrock. If I were you , I would get a 18 or 19 inch. I got a great buy at Highintensitybikes.com , I got mine with shipping for $1184.00. When I got it , I took it to a shop and they tuned it up for $67.00. It came in a box and wasnt tuned, but I was aware of this before I bought it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    The Stinky Six can be AM for sure. It's kinda AM/light freeride imo.

usually cranky
    Quote Originally Posted by Oatbag
    The Stinky Six can be AM for sure. It's kinda AM/light freeride imo.
    just looked at it again and your right. its more of a freeride bike that can dabble in all mountain. its geo would make it rather tough to push around all mountain all the time.

RIP Friendgirl
    If your planing to use it as a do all bike i would suggest a 19" based on your inseam & height. If shuttling an 18" might work better.

Finding one locally to through a leg over first would be wise.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Bordershy
    If your planing to use it as a do all bike i would suggest a 19" based on your inseam & height. If shuttling an 18" might work better.

Finding one locally to through a leg over first would be wise.
    agreed . . . it's interesting how they have two sizes so close together. However, it's rare for me to ever find an LBS that stocks models like this in various sizes to compare. I'm always lucky to find at least one of something in stock.

Since it's an '09, you're only finding these out on the internet now anyway.

Thanks for all the feedback!

i be lurkin
    im 5.7, would a 18 inch fit me
    me: "mom dont ride yer brakes "mom: "shut up"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by doesyourchainhanglow
    im 5.7, would a 18 inch fit me
    It's not like your going to actually go buy one now is it....so, sure, perfect fit for you.
    Transition Bank
    Transition ToP
    Transition Covert