Thread: Kona or Jamis

mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Kona or Jamis

Kona Dawg Deluxe or the Jamis Dakar XAM 1.0? I dont see too many people riding Jamis, but the parts specs seem better on the Jamis. What do you guys think?

I railed it like Kong
    I'm a bigger Kona fan but would rather ride the Jamis if comparing these two. They are both decent bikes that anybody could be happy on though.
    I'm UNIQUE... just like everybody else.

Former Bike Wrench
    I've owned both a Kona Stinky (older more AM than FR model) and currently own a Jamis XLT. Both were great bikes with similar suspension designs.

If your more on the XC side of All Mountain...Go Dawg...despite its burly looks its a more XC Trail bike than All Mountain.

If your more on the FR side of All Mountain...Go XAM...much more of a light FR All Mountain design (but also weighs a bit more)

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I ride XC and I just bought a Kikapu..... No complaints....

Where is my mind?
    Sorry, compelled to highjack here; comparing the Fuel EX (I've looked at EX7 & 8) line with the kona Dawg the suspension design are very similar and the geometry are vitually identical. In addition both have asymetrical chainstays. Are these bikes, for all practical purposes the same or am I way off? Honest question, looking for a frank answer.
    "'I refuse to prove that I exist,' says god, 'for proof denies faith and without faith I am nothing'"

- Douglas Adams: "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"