mtbr member
    Feb 2011

To Kona fire mountain or not to kona fire mountain. That is the question

hey, I have the option of buying a Kona Fire Mountain for $300. I dont have a list of the components on the bike but i have a lot of pics. Do you think it is worth the $300 or should i keep looking?

thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails To Kona fire mountain or not to kona fire mountain. That is the question-4075inf_20.jpeg  

To Kona fire mountain or not to kona fire mountain. That is the question-641615a_20.jpeg  

To Kona fire mountain or not to kona fire mountain. That is the question-812537j_20.jpeg  

To Kona fire mountain or not to kona fire mountain. That is the question-598432l_20.jpeg  

To Kona fire mountain or not to kona fire mountain. That is the question-9118ki3_20.jpeg  

To Kona fire mountain or not to kona fire mountain. That is the question-4577b4a_20.jpeg  

To Kona fire mountain or not to kona fire mountain. That is the question-3784j9a_20.jpeg  

S&G CREW
    Feb 2008
    Keep looking $300 seems a little to much for that.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Yeah I'd pass.

T.W.O
    Not to fire

mtbr member
    For $300, that's a decent price!

Would make for a great beginner MTB or in-town commuter bike.
    Oh, and I'd lose those bar-ends, they're hideous!!

mtbr member
    ...offer $220... use the saved $80 to get new tires, a chain and black spray paint for rear triangle (chain stay)!!

S&G CREW
    Feb 2008
    Offer 175 maybe that front fork is prob shot its not good to begin with save another few hundred and buy yourself a nice new hardtail itll be worth it.

S&G CREW
    Feb 2008
    A new fire mtn is $629 with disk brakes i know thats more than double but its new no replacing parts and such maybe you could find a last year model cheaper.If you could swing something like that prob be better idea at least you know what your getting.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    i agree with the above. a bit too expensive for what you are getting. 150-200 would seem like a good price though.