MrR
    mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Kona Cadabra 2010 weight doubts

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone of you ever weighed a Kona Cadabra 2010 (18"). I got my doubts about its weight, in the store I bought it, it weighed 13.6kg with some crappy flat pedals.

In the meantime I upgraded the brakes to Avid Elixir 9s, which are considerably ligher than the stock Deore M575 brakes. I also replaced the rotors with HS1 180mm Avid rotors. Then I also put some light flat pedals on it, Nukeproof Electrons, which are lighter than the pedals they put on it in the store for me, so I could make a short testride.

Then I borrowed my friend's weighing scale (a fish weighing scale, seems to be a pretty decent one), and when I weighed it, it showed me 14kg. So now I still don't know the weight. I know weight is just a number and a good physical condition is more important than a few grams less, yet I'd still would like to say below 14kg when I replace the seatpost by a dropper seatpost, which really should be on a Cadabra imo.

My question, can anyone give me more clarity about the weight?

Regards

MrR
    mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I just read that 2010's Cadabra out of the box weight is 29.5lbs /13.38kg. I guess that's weighed without pedals. The nukeproof electrons are about 360gr/pair, which makes 13.74kg. That's still 260gr less than what my friend's scale showed me, and then I didn't even calculate the difference that the brake swap made.

Any declarations for the difference?

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    It could also be that your friend's scale is not as accurate as the store's. Or maybe the store's scale was off a bit.

MrR
    mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    That's true, although official specs from Kona come closer to what it weighed in the store. Not sure if companies specs are a bit on the lower side though. That's why I was hoping that another Cadabra owner weighed his/her bike (with an accurate scale).