mtbr member
    Oct 2012

knolly chilcotin

my local shop is selling knolly chilcotin with cane creek for USD2,150 is it worth it? Is it better than nomad/c, bronson/c, ibis, enduro, etc...?

EMR
    mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Yes it's worth it, no it's not better than those bikes. It's in the same discussion as those bikes, but better... In what way? Test ride each bike, personal preference may point you in a different direction. I own a chilcotin, and I would be a complete toolbag if I told my buddy that my chilcotin was better than his ibis. We ride the same terrain, we're both smiling at the end of the ride. Each bike will have strengths and weaknesses, that is for you to decide which ride fits your style.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    How about the weight, is it a disadvantage for chilcotin to be heavier than other bikes? And also build quality and longevity, how does it compare with the other bikes? Can I use it for enduro racing?

it's the ride....
    May 2004
    Go to advance search on the forom Search Forums - Mtbr Forums type Chilcotin on keywords. I doubt you can't find a question about Knolly Chilcotin.
    It's great bike if you have the legs and enjoy every turn of pedal and feel the suspension working on bumps create amazing traction. It's not a light bike, not worst or better than the other it's just different. Descending is where Chilcotin shadowing other suspension feels.
    Your riding preference will determine if it's the bike for you.
    Ulating blencong sejatine tataraning lelaku...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by blurxc11 View Post
    How about the weight, is it a disadvantage for chilcotin to be heavier than other bikes? And also build quality and longevity, how does it compare with the other bikes? Can I use it for enduro racing?
    yes

mtbr member
    just do it

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I too have a Chilcotin with a CCDB. I run it 1x10, and find it a bit much on 3 hour + rides with lots of uphill. The new DB Air with pedal platform would be perfect. My DH tires probably don't help either...

However, the bike is amazing on the descents... The backend feels as plush and responsive as my DH rig.

FWIW, there are a couple Enduro's in my circle of the same age. Pretty similar feel, but require more pivot maintenance, and do not seem to ride as nice after a year.

mtbr member
    Pretty amazing deal. I'd go for it.

Its a different bike than the bronson/ibis type of bikes which are designed to be great pedaling up hill. Its closer to a spesh in terms of suspension design. By that I mean its active in that the suspension will bob as you are pedaling uphill, but with that slight loss in efficiency comes with the ability for the wheel to maintain contact with the ground and keep you moving forward. So it depends on what you are looking for,if you want a stiff uphill peddler the knolly is not for you, if you want great traction up and great suspension action down then go for the knolly.