Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CharacterZero
    I dig my EVOs and they have taken the brunt of several rock impacts.
    Same here, I totally forget my Evo knees are on after about 5 minutes. I love mine.

Excellent choice in my opinion for typical aggro XC/AM riding, or just about anything short of full of freeriding. But if you are riding flats I'd probably suggest something with shin protection.
    If jackasses could fly this place would be an airport.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I'm thinking of getting some of the 661 Veggies knee pads. Seem to be geared for xc/am riding. Might pick up the veggie shins too at some point since I ride platforms but I have 510 shoes and I don't slip off my pedals much if ever.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I know this thread is old, but I'll add my experience with the 661 ks knee pads as well. I was really worried about chafing on long rides. I sweat a lot, so I am usually soaked when I ride, and I get no chafing on 4-5 hour rides while wearing the ks knee pads. On a four hour ride, I might reach down and pull them up a little higher once or twice. In addition to the hard shell on the front of the knee, the ks knee pads also have padding on the side of the knee. In the past, I've gotten some bruising from whacking the top tube with the side of my knee, and that has been eliminated by the ks knee pads. On the negative side: I noticed some of the stitching coming undone after the 2nd or 3rd ride, so I'll have to get a needle and thread out and do some repairs.
    Last edited by happyriding; 10-29-2008 at 11:17 PM.

Back at it and LOVIN' it!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrfoxy76
    thank you think i am going to try these out, price is nice and cheap also!
    mrfoxy76 - Did you find the Double Downs? - If you haven't make sure you get them from a place you can return them - I had been looking for them locally to try them and had no luck so I went with the Kyle Straits - Just recently one of the LBS got a pair and they were pretty uncomfortable...I tried the L/XL and man were they snug and surprisingly kind of bulbous in the knee

Quote Originally Posted by happyriding
    ...the ks knee pads also have padding on the side of the knee. In the past, I've gotten some bruising from whacking the top tube with the side of my knee, and that has been eliminated by the ks knee pads...
    This is very true! Got a Pitch Pro and the shock set up in the back sticks out wider than the top tube set up of my old FSR and I'd be bruising up my knees really bad if I didn't have the protection of the KSs
    Ride Hard - Ride Safe - Have Fun

Go s#!t...I'm not a fish

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hncreature
    mrfoxy76 - Did you find the Double Downs? - If you haven't make sure you get them from a place you can return them - I had been looking for them locally to try them and had no luck so I went with the Kyle Straits - Just recently one of the LBS got a pair and they were pretty uncomfortable...I tried the L/XL and man were they snug and surprisingly kind of bulbous in the knee

yes i do i find them less invasive as the 611's i tried, i ordered them off the ebay for pretty cheap i recommend them.

This is very true! Got a Pitch Pro and the shock set up in the back sticks out wider than the top tube set up of my old FSR and I'd be bruising up my knees really bad if I didn't have the protection of the KSs

yes i do i find them less invasive as the 611's i tried, i ordered them off the ebay for pretty cheap i recommend them.

Back at it and LOVIN' it!
    Great! I'm finding the ONLY way to buy anything is to try them on first - Glad you found something that works!
    Ride Hard - Ride Safe - Have Fun

Go s#!t...I'm not a fish

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2