Thread: Klein Pulse

mtbr member
    Jul 2013

Klein Pulse

Wondering if anyone knows of a replacement front shock for my Klein Pulse. The Rockshox Judy XC that came with the bike has finally given up. I like the bike, so if possible I'd like to keep it going. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    If it's the Judy with the elastomer dampers that turn to dust, a couple of companies make replacement springs or elastomers to go in there. The suspension forum would probably be the best place to post a Q and photo about the best route to go. I bought a Pulse Comp for my son about a year ago, those are neat old bikes, it's very surprisingly light for a 'lower end' Klein, 24 pounds even in extra small.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Klein Pulse

If it has a 1 1 1/8" headtube replace it with a decent modern fork in the same travel. Look at a Manitou Minute for a good value shock.
    Riding slowly since 1977.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    modern forks can be significantly longer not only from longer travels but crown and lowers design. if your on a budget the rockshox xc28 or xc30 or xc32 in a 85mm or 100mm travel ought to get you pretty close. as long as your steer tube is set up for 1 1/8. the 28 30 32 is the designation for the stanchion diameter. obviously the larger the stiffer. it is a standard coil designed around riders 160-180lbs give or take. adjustable rebound and preload tension only. the 32 may have lockout. they can be had for 100-200 bucks on ebay. higher performance forks go up significantly in price. my guess is you need a low travel fork probably a 85mm

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I personally wouldn't redo an elastomer fork. only for nostalgic value. the lack of rebound adjustment is the downside. the next level up from the rockshox xctk line is something air sprung to adjust to your weight. the next level up from that would have compression adjustment along with rebound adjust and the adjustable air spring weight. the more goodies the price goes up. then the next step up above that would have low and high speed compression adjustment. usually the premiere line of forks. just depends on the standard of ride your looking for