mtbr member

KindShock Still in Business?

Does anyone know if KindShock is still in business? I've been trying to contact anyone there with a simple service question, emailed, contact through website and Facebook page, and left multiple messages on Rick Taylor's listed phone #. It's going on two weeks with no reply at all.

Feels like the company is on it's way out. Too bad cuz I liked the product, I own two of the posts.

Any info is appreciated.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I'm pretty sure they are still in business despite their aweful customer service.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by castnblastut View Post
    Does anyone know if KindShock is still in business? I've been trying to contact anyone there with a simple service question, emailed, contact through website and Facebook page, and left multiple messages on Rick Taylor's listed phone #. It's going on two weeks with no reply at all.

Feels like the company is on it's way out. Too bad cuz I liked the product, I own two of the posts.

Any info is appreciated.
    Not sure, but not surprised they haven't returned your calls/emails since I know they are pretty busy re-building all of their faulty posts on a daily basis. My KS Supernatural 150 has been sent in four times now in past 4.5 months and I didn't really ride for 1.5 months of those due to surgery. I love how the post performs when it is working properly, problem is it goes to "pot" after 6-12 rides after each rebuild. All this for an overpriced product is not cool. Makes me really appreciate my standard post, but my rehabilitating knee likes the adjustable posts for the mid-ride climbs. So far my GD post has been the most reliable to date, problem is that they don't have a 6" model and my 5" one wiggles side to side and front to back like a snake when on it.
    Ride On!

my body breaks the falls
    Quote Originally Posted by castnblastut View Post
    It's going on two weeks with no reply at all.
    Argh. Guess I won't hold my breath waiting for a reply. Mine became a suspension post after the first ride. It's fine if I drop it a little over an inch, but I'm tall and need the full extension. Back to the rigid post I guess.
    $500 million for more irresponsible EBRPD land management? No thanks.
    www.noonmeasureww.org

mtbr member

They live...

Rick at KS finally returned my multiple emails, said to send the post in and they'll check it out. So I guess the jury is still out, here's hoping I'm impressed.

on my 3rd wind...
    Emailed Rick three weeks ago and he replied back next day. After sending the post out and got the post back two weeks later. Went smooth...
    sth

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I have a KS i950r post that has given me nothing but trouble free performance for over 8 months. Best accessory ever! Smooth, no play, no troubles. Sorry to hear about your diifficulties.
    I did not think I would ever stoop to lowering my seat but DAMN it sure wiorks!
    I do go downhill faster than I should though. All grins. 5 chilis.
    Steve