mtbr member
    Jan 2012

kenda bbg lead me to find the h factor, another compelling desing

with all the hype on the forums about minions, trail kings, hans dampf, it almost seems like this became the go to as they were top of their class. I kinda wrote off kenda because the nevegal is claimed more of a jack of all trades master of none tire. kinda gotta rep here for being slow and washy. then I ran into these two kenda tires while shopping.

the bbg gives me the feeling if would perform like a high roller but faster.

then theres this kenda h factore that looks like it would be really fast also, break good, good transitional design, and good corner design. probably performs similar to the hans dampf but faster and at a much better pricepoint. kenda also runs true to size so the 2.35 ought to be full size. and the 2.1 could really make an ideal rear. I might cough up a few bucks and add 1 of each to my collection. would like to hear any thoughts or experiences on either. found a thread where shiggy praised the h factor.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kenda bbg lead me to find the h factor, another compelling desing-bbg-l1.jpg  

kenda bbg lead me to find the h factor, another compelling desing-frostbike2012-070.jpg  

Libertarian
    I have a BBG on front of my DJ bike.

I'm not good/fast enough rider to make fair assessment on tires, but FWIW, I like its cornering characteristics better than DHF's. BBG feels more stable and consistent, presumably due to closely spaced, in-line side knobs. It rolls heck of a lot better than High Roller II, though I can't offer any comparison with the original High Roller.

I haven't used it on my trail/AM-ish bike as I think Maxxis casing is more durable on rocky trails that I like to ride.

mtbr member
    The great thing about competition among companies is that they are constantly trying to outdo each other.