mtbr member
    Dec 2011

K2 Attack 1.0 rear shock dimensions?

Hey guys. I have a K2 Attack 1.0 and I want to upgrade the rear shock. I couldn't find any dimensions for it online so does anyone know? I found a Manitou Swinger 6 way SPV for $110. its 9.0 x 2.75 with a 450 x 2.75 coil. I didn't know if that would fit or not. Any help appreciated.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

mtbr member
    That Swinger shock is 9 inches from i2i, so I doubt it will fit your frame. Remove your current shock and measure the i2i and then remove the spring and measure the shock shaft (then shiny bit) and those are the measurements you should be looking for. I think you need a 6.5x1.5 shock for that bike.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiplague View Post
    That Swinger shock is 9 inches from i2i, so I doubt it will fit your frame. Remove your current shock and measure the i2i and then remove the spring and measure the shock shaft (then shiny bit) and those are the measurements you should be looking for. I think you need a 6.5x1.5 shock for that bike.
    ok but what if I adjusted the coil preload? because when you adjust the coil adjuster, it makes the shock shorter. (atleast it does on my current one) the current one measure 4.5 but I extend it to around 6 when I have it installed and riding.

mtbr member
    Pre-load is to adjust the sag for the shock for correct functioning of the rear suspension, not to make a particular shock fit your bike. The eye to eye measurement is taken from the center of each end of the shock. Very few bikes will allow you you to fit any other shock of a different i2i in the available space.
    A shock that is 9 inches long i2i will not fit your frame, no matter how much you adjust the pre-load.
    The stock shock looks from the picture to be 6.5 inches i2i, there are plenty of good quality shocks from Fox, Rockshox, Marzocchi etc that will fit your bike.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiplague View Post
    Pre-load is to adjust the sag for the shock for correct functioning of the rear suspension, not to make a particular shock fit your bike. The eye to eye measurement is taken from the center of each end of the shock. Very few bikes will allow you you to fit any other shock of a different i2i in the available space.
    A shock that is 9 inches long i2i will not fit your frame, no matter how much you adjust the pre-load.
    The stock shock looks from the picture to be 6.5 inches i2i, there are plenty of good quality shocks from Fox, Rockshox, Marzocchi etc that will fit your bike.
    ok thanks for the help