mtbr member
    Feb 2013

Just ordered my 2013 Trek Fuel Ex 7

After couple months of researching and checking out new bikes i decided to go with Trek Fuel bike...It's perfect for desert terrain i ride on and super stoked about it. LBS set it up Tubeless for free and put me on a better tire at no charge. Cyclery USA in Rancho Cumamonga kicks ass with customer service! Can't wait to hit the trails
    JUST DO IT

mtbr member
    Good one man. LBS here in AU suck

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Yeah i called around and visited quite a few....I ran into a few shops that acted like i was wasting their time! Always nice to spend hard earned money and be treated the way you're supposed to be treated.
    JUST DO IT

TXTony
    Nice choice!!!

mtbr member
    Don't you know? Your bike came with the wrong size wheels!

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ihaveagibsonsg View Post
    don't you know? Your bike came with the wrong size wheels!
    huh?
    JUST DO IT

mtbr member
    LOL. 29ers are awesome but not for everyone.

Bike shops around my area seem to be at far extremes. I had one that treated me as some one said like I was wasting their time, another that has gone out of their way to get me parts and repairs stat. It paid off for them as I since bought many high ticket parts and improvements from them.

The other shop.... Well every time I drive by the parking lot is empty.
    T Bone

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by T_Bone22581 View Post
    LOL. 29ers are awesome but not for everyone.

Bike shops around my area seem to be at far extremes. I had one that treated me as some one said like I was wasting their time, another that has gone out of their way to get me parts and repairs stat. It paid off for them as I since bought many high ticket parts and improvements from them.

The other shop.... Well every time I drive by the parking lot is empty.
    Funny how that is....I drove 45 away to pick up my bike instead of going to my LBS that's few min away from my house.
    JUST DO IT

mtbr member
    I was just kidding by the way. It appears he is too new to the scene to understand the wheel debate. A friend of mine bought a fuel EX 7 today in red and black and I must admit, it is a nice riding bike which feels like it has more travel than it does. However, downhill, it feels like a wet noodle in comparison to my enduro. Uphill, it feels like a carbon hardtail compared to my enduro. It's a nice bike but not for me.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    LOL...yeah i like my 29 HT! I test rode Trek Remedy 7 and Fuel....both sweet rides. It was really hard decision to choose just ONE!
    JUST DO IT

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ihaveagibsonsg View Post
    I was just kidding by the way. It appears he is too new to the scene to understand the wheel debate. A friend of mine bought a fuel EX 7 today in red and black and I must admit, it is a nice riding bike which feels like it has more travel than it does. However, downhill, it feels like a wet noodle in comparison to my enduro. Uphill, it feels like a carbon hardtail compared to my enduro. It's a nice bike but not for me.
    Enduro looks like a beast! This is my first FS bike so i'm little late to the dance Guys at the shop told me to get the remedy because of the extra travel but it felt a little more squishy to me on test ride lol. Very different feeling than my HT loving arse. Let's just say i fell in love right away with FS feel
    JUST DO IT

mtbr member
    Oct 2013

Love it!

Reviving an old thread, I have had my EX 7 for a few weeks now and I love it. Got it for a good discount when the new line of 29ers came out. Rode HTs before, loved them but my back said enough. I put together a short video to talk about it

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Nice video. Have you made any others on this bike? I have same one and am a newbie to MTn biking