mtbr member

Joplin 3 vs commnd post

After having my joplin 3 break on me and has been serviced twice since ive had it ,Im thinking of switching to the command post.

For those who have had the chance to try both :

which do you prefer ?
    Is the command post more reliable?

Many Thanks

greedy
    Quote Originally Posted by J273
    After having my joplin 3 break on me and has been serviced twice since ive had it ,Im thinking of switching to the command post.

For those who have had the chance to try both :

which do you prefer ?
    Is the command post more reliable?

Many Thanks
    I had a Joplin 3 for 4 or 5 months and constantly had to fool with it. Finally it puked all of its fluid and sunk on a ride. I sent it back to CB for a rebuild and sold it when it got back. I bought a Command post for my LBS put it on and have done nothing to it for almost a year (riding 4 or 5 days a week). Some people have had some problems, but I'm not even sure what they are. Mine has been trouble free and it isn't even the new "improved" version.
    Addicted to the Classifieds

T.W.O.
    Command post is a mech post with 3 position drop unlike the infinite travel adj joplin3, if you want to upgrade why no ks 950 or reverb.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I got the command post about six months ago and love it. It has two drops.

the Chain Guy
    I have had a command post for almost a year with no issues. It is not a mechanical post, it has mechanical locks at its preset positions. This way if the hydraulics fail it will stay up. I have really liked mine. I don't see the benefits of the infinite travel posts. Mine is usually all the way up or down.

re member
    Actually, the Command Post is sort of a hybrid. Although it has an air spring to push the post back up like all the air/hydraulic posts, the Command Post doesn't have hydraulics.

The hydraulics in the other posts like the Jopkin, KS, etc. are what holds the post up. The CP uses the mechanical collets to hold it up.
    Rocktoberfest 2014 edit here
    Rocktoberfest 2014 clips here

kneecap
    Dec 2003
    so. is the command post any lighter than the joplin?

T.W.O.
    Nope it's about the same weight cp is about 600g with remote. The new 125mm ks claim weight is 400g don't know when that one will come out though hopefully soon.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Good question. I think so, but not positive. I have not had any trouble with mine and did not notice any weight significance, but I am not a racer.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Its good to hear more from the mechanical locking, Command Post people.
    Sounds like they have the CP working extra solid and reliable, as you would figure.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Does the Command Post still use that proprietary cable or do the newer ones use a shift cable?

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    The new one has a much improved lever, that uses a normal shifter cable:
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/6013737/

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    I got to see my buddy blow the bottom out of a command post coming off a jump during a demo day. Supposedly it's been reworked sense but who knows.

I KNOW I'm on my 4th or 5th Joplin rebuild in the last 3 years.

Last time in I paid the extra $115 to upgrade to the Joplin 4 and so far it's lasted probably 5 months. Longest a Joplin 3 ever lasted was 6 so we'll see.

Great product when it works. I'm waiting for Fox to release theirs at the end of the year.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Smile thank you

Wow - I don't really jump too much, but so far I have to say I really like the seat post and the confidence it gives on more technical descents.