mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Issue with Trek Remedy 66- would like your opinion

Hey. I have couple questions. I have an 06 Trek remedy 66. I just bought it used, and there's a strange issue. The swing arm touches the bb shell( I have an outboard bb shell- came stock with the bike). It only touches on the non-drive side. Everything is stock including the shock.
    My second question is Trek's warranty transferable?
    Thanks a lot for the help!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Not sure about the swing arm touching the bb shell (which sounds kinda fishy), but I know that Trek's warranty is NON-transferable. However, I have heard stories of people bringing Trek bikes in with issues to different shops and having the warranty honored. I'm NOT AT ALL saying that's what you should do, but that's just what I've heard. If anything, they (Trek) might extend to you a discounted price for a new frame. Either way, I'd take it to your LBS and see what they say-they'll of course know best.

usually cranky
    1. swingarm or chain stay? if it doesn't prevent any movement id say dont sweat it.

2. no.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Thanks for replying ! Its the swing arm that rests against the BB outer cup- it just damaging the swing arm. I can still ride with it but I don't want to cause more damage.
    Could it be the shock that somehow the stroke becomes bigger /more length than it should have?

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Post some pics-might be easier to see.

usually cranky
    yes post pics, i cant see how the swing arm can contact the bb area. fyi i consider the swingarm the rocker link.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Thanks for all the replies.
    Here's a pic to explain it.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Issue with Trek Remedy 66- would like your opinion-uploadfromtaptalk1349062070215.jpg  

mtbr member
    Unbolt the shock from the frame and measure it. I had an old Remedy and it never did that.

It should measure 200mm from the centre of one eyelet to the other. If it's longer than that's the problem.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Hi. Thanks for your answer. It measures 7" and 7/8" of an inch. Tiny bit larger than 200mm, and that's when compressed to about 120 psi. By the way, its the swinger 3 way air.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk 2