Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

ISCG Chain Guide?

879 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Ray Lee 
#1 ·
So yeah, I just got my crankset in and it happens to be a shimano SLX double with a bash guard and a hollowtech BB. I also just recieved via the united states postal service, a blackspire "stinger" chain guide, my question is as follows; will my stinger chainguide which is an ISCG mount work with the Hollowtech BB. any replies, of which have relevance to my problem, are much appretiated (Even those without relevance, but an abundant supply of humur are also appreciated.

#2 · (Edited)
Your ISCG stinger will work with the ISCG mounts on your bike, you do have those tabs around your BB right? If not, then you have the wrong Stinger.

I use a stinger on my XT cranks. Those are Hollowtech, right?

Edit, note: My Stinger is not ISCG and I have no ISCG tabs on my bike, so it just mounts under the BB cup.

#3 ·
both types of ISCG mounts and one without image (close up of bottom brackets)

if you dont have ISCG you could buy an adapter

but like the last poster said it would be easier and cheaper to just buy the correct Stinger.

sickspeed16 said:
So yeah, I just got my crankset in and it happens to be a shimano SLX double with a bash guard and a hollowtech BB. I also just recieved via the united states postal service, a blackspire "stinger" chain guide, my question is as follows; will my stinger chainguide which is an ISCG mount work with the Hollowtech BB. any replies, of which have relevance to my problem, are much appretiated (Even those without relevance, but an abundant supply of humur are also appreciated.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.