mtbr member
    Oct 2013

IronHorse Hollow point 2003/4

I have what I believe to be a 2003/4 IronHorse FS MTB that was sold by Galyans in the past. NorthFace put their name on it. I acquired this bike project via a craigslist deal. The bike fits me but needs some work. I need a little help locating some parts for the DW pivot linkage.
    Sure would like to get this up and rolling down the tracks this spring.
    I have attached some photos below.
    I know its an ugly old goat but I like to tinker and I think this bike could be a lot of fun someday.
    Does anyone know how to acquire parts for this older bike?
    ThanksIronHorse Hollow point 2003/4-drive-side-full-bike.jpgIronHorse Hollow point 2003/4-rslink-non-drive-side.jpgIronHorse Hollow point 2003/4-pivot-link-drive-side.jpgIronHorse Hollow point 2003/4-pivot-drive-side.jpgIronHorse Hollow point 2003/4-nondrivesidebottombracket.jpgIronHorse Hollow point 2003/4-nondrivemissingpart.jpgIronHorse Hollow point 2003/4-non-drive-side.jpgIronHorse Hollow point 2003/4-dwlink-non-drive.jpgIronHorse Hollow point 2003/4-dwlink-macro.jpgIronHorse Hollow point 2003/4-upperlink-rs.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    There's a bolt missing from the upper link by the shock

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    yes. I also need a bolt on the lower pivot just above the crank. I havent had much luck finding the bolts I need though.

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Iron Horse is long out of business, so best bet is an owner of one of these that is busted that you'd be able to buy parts off.

The needed bits aren't some standardized size you'd be able to get elsewhere, I'm assuming?
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    iron horse is still in business, sad but true. I saw some iron horse seats and what not at walmart yesterday. I know they weren't a gaudy brand name or nothing but I have an 07 maverick 5.0, awesome back up bike. sad to see IH relegated to walmart status

mtbr member
    dont bother trying to find new parts(i treid a few years back for a mkIII) they are not available.
    Iron horse was sold a few years back and became a cheap bike company, when that has happen all the tech support for older bikes dissaperaed.
    your best bet is to try to find a broken frame or fit something by yourself

good luck
    expensive cars are a waste of money. Expensive bikes...not so much!

mtbr member
    Like others said Iron Horse went out of business a few years back. The name but none of the bike designs was bought by Pacific Cycles. Some of the bike designs were used by Airborne but I think they have since changed designs so I doubt you can get any parts from them.

Good luck its most likely going to be a DIY job from parts you can find from the hardware store or other bikes.

Stand back
    Or try finding someone with a similar vintage Hollowpoint that can give you accurate bolt sizes so you can get what you need on the first try from the hardware store.
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    I have found Mike at eccyclesupply to be very helpful in seeking pivot parts. So helpful that I feel he wants this bike to be up and running just as much as I do. His knowledge of bike repair suggests veteran experience in solving mechanical needs of cycles.