Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    211

    Intense5.5.V.S enduro sworks

    Hi guys i need your advice.
    I now ride intense 5.5 2005 with pike air.
    I have a chance trade-in and to get an enduro s work 2005 no extra cash
    I want more aggressive bike but i still like to do long XC ride twise aweek.
    I ride technical singeltrack and going uphill to.
    I realy wald like an intense 6.6 but i had to add 1000$.
    so what do you say

  2. #2
    Vaginatarian
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,685

    Cool-blue Rhythm

    I've got an Enduro pro, 34lbs. with my extras, weirwolves, gravity dropper, ODI grips
    I also have a GF sugar 1 @ 25lbs . I ride the Enduro 99.9% of the time. it pedals up hills great & rips downhill and over anything you put in front of it. I've had it for a year now and have NO complaints. Love the fox36, love the 5th element air. I hear some people have had trouble with the 5th element but I weigh 220lbs and ride aggressively and its allways worked fine, I dont do much in the way of drops and jumps though

  3. #3
    Dat mah bike, punk!
    Reputation: misctwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    3,062
    Quote Originally Posted by dan0
    I've got an Enduro pro, 34lbs. with my extras, weirwolves, gravity dropper, ODI grips
    I also have a GF sugar 1 @ 25lbs . I ride the Enduro 99.9% of the time. it pedals up hills great & rips downhill and over anything you put in front of it. I've had it for a year now and have NO complaints. Love the fox36, love the 5th element air. I hear some people have had trouble with the 5th element but I weigh 220lbs and ride aggressively and its allways worked fine, I dont do much in the way of drops and jumps though

    if by aggressive he means jumps, my only gripe with the enduros is the fact that it can be tough to have both a slammed down seatpost AND XC height seatpost position. But i think the enduro can defintely take more abuse than the 5.5....that doesn't mean that the 5.5 can't take aggro riding! enduro's are great frames....

    the fact that you can get an s-works for no extra cash would be reason enough for me to get that over the 6.6. If intense were ever to make the 6.66, i think that would be the frame you'd want!
    every thread needs an uploaded image of one kind or another.

  4. #4
    Vaginatarian
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,685
    Quote Originally Posted by misctwo
    if by aggressive he means jumps, my only gripe with the enduros is the fact that it can be tough to have both a slammed down seatpost AND XC height seatpost position. But i think the enduro can defintely take more abuse than the 5.5....that doesn't mean that the 5.5 can't take aggro riding! enduro's are great frames....

    the fact that you can get an s-works for no extra cash would be reason enough for me to get that over the 6.6. If intense were ever to make the 6.66, i think that would be the frame you'd want!
    just add a gravity dropper seat post and you can raise & lower your seat while riding

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: hammerheadbikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,781
    why?
    I think the 5.5 is a much better frame than the Enduro
    having spent much time on both

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    211

    hi hammerheadbikes

    Quote Originally Posted by hammerheadbikes
    why?
    I think the 5.5 is a much better frame than the Enduro
    having spent much time on both
    The 5.5 is an excelent frame for shor
    But I realy like the fox 36

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Fat Elvis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    943
    Quote Originally Posted by yarondot
    I realy wald like an intense 6.6 but i had to add 1000$.
    so what do you say
    Well, I think you answered your own question there. I'm a big believer in getting what YOU really want, not what other people tell you you should get. Start saving.

  8. #8
    pol
    pol is offline
    Pablo "down" Hill
    Reputation: pol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    110
    the question is, why would you even consider exchanging an INTENSE for a SPECIALIZED????????
    life is an adventure, make it epic.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: hammerheadbikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,781
    can I get an amen brother?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •