mtbr member
    Dec 2010

Intense Uzzi Vs Nomad

Hi everyone! I am thinking of buying a new bike, i have to decide between a Nomad AL and a Uzzi... Which one would you buy? Why?

mtbr member
    Depends on what type of riding you are doing? More Allmtn/Freeride/DH then Uzzi, more XC/trail/all mtn/freeride then Nomad.

For me though, it wouldn't matter, I would take the Nomad any day over the Uzzi (or just about any bike). I have only put a few min on my buddies Nomad (too small so I cant really trail ride it) but I want one really bad. I am also extremely biased since I think the current Nomad is possibly the sexiest frame ever made.

Anyway, for All Mtn riding consider a few things. Nomad is lighter, pedals better and is cheaper (unless you are upgrading to RC4 then basically the same price). It has less travel with a similar or slightly less slack head tube angle (depends on build). Nomad really dominates all of the mountain.

Uzzi has many percs to it but it is a heavier, longer travel bike that is more Freeride/DH oriented. I have something similar to the Uzzi for all mountain, the Santa Cruz Bullit. 180mm travel (7inch) front and rear, running a Totem and RC4, build weight is 37bs. I use this for everyday trail/ all mtn riding.

Naturally, there are many other variables to consider in this comparison... But, one bike to ride all of the mountain all day, very hard to beat the Nomad.
    6'5" 230lbs
    My Build: Vitalmtb - Bike Check

T.W.O.
    Uzzi VP is like Driver8. Ask yourself which one you prefer? If you are not shuttling then just get nomad.

wuss
    I use an Uzzi for trailriding, and given a good shock it works fine. I felt I was inbetween sizes on the nomad which made my decision. The uzzi is definately not just a shutteling bike, and climbs well with a 170mm Lyrik and 0-stack headset.

That said, I would imagine the SC quality control is better.

mtbr member
    they are both great bikes- cant go wrong with either one-

i like the nomad more- but you will be happy either way