mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Intense Uzzi Vp 09 - All Mountain

Hi Guys, i need some opinions

I am thinking of buying or replace my frame Trek remedy for an Intense Uzzi Vp 2009/2010 but i want to put the bike in an setup for all mountain like my Trek Remedy.

I have a Trek Remedy 9 2008 but I want to sell the frame and get a new one. I only want to change the frame because the parts that are in the remedy are very good (for me).
    - Triggers X0
    - Fox 36 Float
    - Crank set Shimano XT
    - Etc.
    I want a bike that can do everything, for example: Xc and the next day light DH (something like that)

I like the bikes but I want the weight between 14 /14.5kg (setup all mountain)

Do you think thatís possible?

In this past year I ride 5000 km in total because I have a perfect weather to ride my bike. In this year I want to compete in avalanches in Portugal and the mega-avalanche in France.

The rear suspension that i want to put in the intense is a Fox dhx air 5.

What is your opinion about the bike? Or is better to stay with Remedy?

Best Regards.

Nuno (Portugal)

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    That is a super sick setup and very achievable. I only have experience on a 5.5 but I can tell you that Intense will be the only bike I ever ride. Fabulous at everything I throw at it. Now with a more relaxed angle and longer travel? The Uzzi is killer, get it.

Seeeriously easy Livin
    It has adgustable geometry so you have some wiggle room, with the fox 36 and the steepest setting it should be pretty close to the remedy geometry, the frame is definitly heavier then the trek frame, so just take your current build, and add 1.5 -2.5 lbs depending on shock and size.

mtbr member
    will a DHX Air 5.0 fit in there?
    doesn't look like there'll be enough room under the top tube

mtbr member
    DHX air will fit as you can you it the other way round i.e the piggy back towards the back of the bike.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    nice bike i'd go a bit more towards DH with saint cranks and a two ring lower chainguide roller. If i had a quick adjust post i'd do the one with the lever under the front of the seat,an extra cable and handlebar controler is just to much clutter for that feature,with that much suspension i could definitely ride anything but the nastiest trails with a fairly high easily pedalable seat height. i could be wrong but i think i've seen the resi shock mounted "normal" on that frame.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by koiom
    will a DHX Air 5.0 fit in there?
    doesn't look like there'll be enough room under the top tube
    Reservoir end at the rocker with the piggyback downward. Should fit no problem. I don't understand why bike companies spec those bikes with a shock like the one pictured on it. That would be absolute **** to ride, and Intense surely knows that.

Seeeriously easy Livin
    I'm sure intense offers many shock options, and the owner of that bike chose a monarch for the weight. not sure about the dhx air on their with the vpp suspension, I would go with a rocco air, or manitou isx evolver if you must do air.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    the intense uzzi vp colors are so sick...

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    i don't find that those none reservior shocks are all that bad, i have an rp3 for a 6 inch travel bike. i had a fox reservior shock on that bike and it seemed to bottom quite a bit, but the rp3 is more progressive.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Uzzis are spec'd only with DHX air or DHX coil. Initially, there were some problems with the DHX air blowing through the midstroke so Intense was testing with the shock in the picture above while they worked with Fox to reciruit the DHX Air for the Uzzi. The modified DHX air shock is now available as the air option.

Members who have read this thread: 0