Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    17

    Intense Uzzi - Sounds like a really good deal to me, What do you all think?

    Hey all, I recently spoke with a guy here in town about a possible trade. Here is what he is offering:

    "I have an older freeride/ downhill bike I might be willing to trade... The bike is a custom rig built around an intense uzi frame and fox racing shocks. it has 29" wheels with shimano hydraulic disc brakes and shimano superlight cranks. My rig is in excellent condition its an older intense uzi 19.5" frame, 2" drop mag link (to compensate for 29" tires) fox rp2 rear shock+fox float 29 fork = about 4.25" travel front and 3.25" rear. It handles trails like a dirtbike and stops on a dime. I would put a value of about 650 on my bike but I am negotiable for the right trade/cash. "

    We haven't struck a deal yet, but I am very interested. My concerns are I am 5'10" so I am slightly worried about it being oversized, and I ride XC more than all mountain, so is this going to suck at ascending?

    Any advice for me?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kubikeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    581
    Something's fishy

    I don't see how it's possible to fit 29in wheels on an Uzzi. On top of which, if...if it was possible, it would handle horribly due to a ridiculously high bottom bracket.

    I'd walk away. Guy doesn't know what he's talking about.
    The cake is a lie.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    254
    Run away! Sounds like a nightmare frankenbike!

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 2clue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,255
    Sounds like a much older gen Uzzi, conversions are a no no. I'd walk away from this one if i were you.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    485
    Absolutely not

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    17
    Wow... Not the answers I was expecting, but I'm sure glad I asked! I really appreciate your honesty guys! I'm going to run away and not look back on this one!

    I hear August is the best month to buy from the LBS... Think I can find a killer deal or should I keep on obsessing on craigslist?

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    7,920
    Quote Originally Posted by jkm601 View Post
    Wow... Not the answers I was expecting, but I'm sure glad I asked! I really appreciate your honesty guys! I'm going to run away and not look back on this one!

    I hear August is the best month to buy from the LBS... Think I can find a killer deal or should I keep on obsessing on craigslist?
    Shop on pinkbike - if you were willing to take a gamble on that frame, their are much safer bets (sight-unseen) on pinkbike. Solid community in the buy/sell there from my experience.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    485
    Craigslist is a crap chute, and unless you really know what you are doing then I would be very weary of "good deals" and do a lot of research. Some people are honest, and some are trying to find an easy sale to someone they know has no clue. Take someone who knows about bikes with you. A bike shop will be your best bet if you are in the dark because the bike is new and most shops offer some sort of post-purchase service plan.
    Good luck!

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by mrniceguy42 View Post
    Craigslist is a crap chute, and unless you really know what you are doing then I would be very weary of "good deals" and do a lot of research. Some people are honest, and some are trying to find an easy sale to someone they know has no clue. Take someone who knows about bikes with you. A bike shop will be your best bet if you are in the dark because the bike is new and most shops offer some sort of post-purchase service plan.
    Good luck!
    Excellent point. I bought my Rockhopper from Bicycle Village and they come with free lifetime adjustments and tune ups... Why the hell did I sell that bike? UGH! Oh well... Thinking about a Trek Wahoo 29er just because of the price. I'd really like FS but don't have much of a budget right now :/

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Fuglio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,631
    Is it a bent one? If so they are easy to fix , just cut the right side of the handel bars 4" shorter then the left. And that puppy will roll straight again!

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Znarf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,006
    I donīt want to sound like an ass. But if youīre not 100% sure what you want (or need), buying at a competent LBS isnīt a bad option. They might take care of you and save you a bit of misspent money.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Znarf View Post
    I donīt want to sound like an ass. But if youīre not 100% sure what you want (or need), buying at a competent LBS isnīt a bad option. They might take care of you and save you a bit of misspent money.
    No offense taken at all... I think you are right. I will have to save up for a bit longer, so unless a crazy deal pops up I'l be buying new. Thanks everyone!

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: azmxr177's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    106
    Intense Uzzi 29er.....I'd love to see a picture of that!! I've never heard of such a thing. The only conversions out there of Intense bikes are Tracer 2's and Carbine's to 650b.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by azmxr177 View Post
    Intense Uzzi 29er.....I'd love to see a picture of that!! I've never heard of such a thing. The only conversions out there of Intense bikes are Tracer 2's and Carbine's to 650b.
    Check it out... LOL Intense Uzzi - Sounds like a really good deal to me, What do you all think?-uzzi.jpg

    I think I've decided on a HT 29er... I've looked at Trek, Fuji, Redline and Diamondback so far. I really like the Fuji Nevada 1.1, but it's out of my price range at the moment.

Similar Threads

  1. Intense Uzzi
    By MTBerNick in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-15-2012, 10:39 PM
  2. Intense Uzzi FS on CL
    By turk0017 in forum Bike and Frame discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-16-2012, 09:49 AM
  3. E13 LG1 on Intense Uzzi
    By skyboss in forum Drivetrain - shifters, derailleurs, cranks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-10-2011, 03:48 PM
  4. Intense Uzzi Kit?
    By JasonCz in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-31-2011, 07:22 AM
  5. Intense uzzi
    By Marcoos in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-26-2011, 11:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •