mtbr member
    Dec 2008

Intense Tracer VP or Yeti ASR-7

Was wondering which frame will be better. I'm a big guy around 200 lbs geared and around 5'10. I ride light to aggressive XC with the occasional drops. Will the tracer Vp be flexy for me? I own an Intense 5.5 Evp before and I can feel some flex on the rear when I hammer the pedal hard. I haven't ride any Yeti bikes but I read from reviews that the 575 was flexy, and the 575 and the ASR7 are based on the same design except for the ASR7 are all 7005 aluminum and the 575 are a mix of carbon and aluminum.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Check out 2010 Titus El Guapo,just recently built one up,got a sweet deal on frame fork and headset.been riding vvp for five years and never thought I'd go back to four bar link,but let me tell ya I'm in no way disappointed in it's performance,I wanted to"a tad vvp prejudiced"but the more I ride the more I like this rear.fantastic peddler all but as good as my Blur lt2 with hardly any weight penalty. low bottom bracket,rear super stiff,rails corners.I weigh 190lbs without gear,

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    The El guapo is also on my top list but still too expensive for me, $1399 for the Tracer VP is already pushing my budget limit. At $1499 at Jenson's it's very attractive but then it's too rich for my blood. Wish I bought the El Guapo 2009 closeout at Jenson before. Any place I can get a good price for the El Guapo 2009/2010 model?

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Btw, my cousin who is the original owner of this account has the 2009 El Guapo. I tried it and it really is a good bike. Sorry cuz for using this account , I will make another account

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Ok, made my own account , back to topic.... Anyone knows where to buy an El Guapo frame 2009 or 2010 that is less than Jenson is selling at $1499?

mtbr member
    I'm the new owner of an Intense Tracer VP...
    All I can I say is that I love the bike! For my style of riding and the terrain I ride on it's PERFECT! More trail than All mountain (whatever that means).

I think the tracer is very different from the Yeti ASR-7...The new Tracer 2 would be a little bit closer to the Yeti...as far as travel.

The things that I notice about the Tracer is that it's a little flexy in the rear. But for my style I don't mind it. The suspension is aweeeeesome! I haven't tried the ASR-7.

Overall a REALLY like my Tracer VP...It's just perfect for me!
    My Bike: http://forums.mtbr.com/showpost.php?...3&postcount=49

On-One Whippet 650b XC machine

ZEN RIDER!
    Pivot 5.7
    Its a Pivot - its stiff & its DW link
    Life in every breath

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Did they fix the flexy rear I demoed one a couple of years ago,felt like my 5.5 rear,I wanted the tracer but bought a blur lt2 instead after a riding comparison back to back,that baby has a tight rear.

mtbr member
    I'm happy with my Tracer VP. Using a King rear hub with fun bolts which really tightens things up. Of course the new Tracer 2 looks like it will be stiffer and has a 12mm rear axle as well.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I have a ASR-7 and have been very happy with it (with that said I got a screaming deal on the frame and fork, thus swaying me from other bikes). Coming from a 575, they do not have the same rear and the 7 has fixed the flex issue (no carbon and 12mm axel). As for which bike, you can not go wrong with the Pivot, Tracer, ASR-7, Nomad, etc, but as I am sure you know, each will have a different feel. Therefore, ride them if you can and pick the one that fits your riding style the best.