Thread: Im lost

banned

New question here. Im lost

I am confused. Yesterday I went on a ride. I rode all of the mountain, but was on a hardtail and wore lycra. Is this all mountain, or would it be cross mountain since I had lycra on. The day before that I rode a trail that went across some beautiful country. This time I had my baggies on since it didnít involve a lot of climbing. Would this be considered cross mountain, or all country. I am lost, I need a place to fit in. Im not exactly cross country, but donít always fit into the all mountain category either.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Welcome Brother!
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

TNC
    noMAD man

You're a Cross-Dresser.

Quote Originally Posted by JrockFeltaz
    I am confused. Yesterday I went on a ride. I rode all of the mountain, but was on a hardtail and wore lycra. Is this all mountain, or would it be cross mountain since I had lycra on. The day before that I rode a trail that went across some beautiful country. This time I had my baggies on since it didnít involve a lot of climbing. Would this be considered cross mountain, or all country. I am lost, I need a place to fit in. Im not exactly cross country, but donít always fit into the all mountain category either.
    LOL!...no, no...not really.

Freshly Fujified

Join the club

If you're lost, you're definitely All-Mountain material. Based on your post, you probably have a fine pedigree.

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

Custom User Title
    Are you a little country

And your bike is a little rock n roll
    Team MOJO Wheels.

Freeriding Feline
    Lycra is itchy.
    "If you give up your dream, you die."
    Twitter - KIKat1029

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    A.M. isn't just about what is wrapped around your crotch. Its about what you believe in and more imprtantly about what you ride.

Have you ever had the idea to "stand up on your desk, slam a Dew, and punch yourself in the face"?

Takw/agranofsalt
    Jan 2005
    Did you ride your bike downhill at any point or was is strickly uphill? Cause if you rode down, you might be a DHer.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Khemical
    Did you ride your bike downhill at any point or was is strickly uphill? Cause if you rode down, you might be a DHer.

I rode across some country, up all of the mountain...smoked out, and rode down the mountain and back across the country. It was about 20 miles across, up and down all the mountain in this part of the country.

banned
    does smoking out make me all mountain. Does riding a hardtail on all mountain trails make me half mountain. Can you even ride a 24 pound hardtail on all mountain trails? I like to climb, so is climbing all mounrtain. I really like the downhills after a nice long climb. Does that make me cross downhill? If I ride a a gnarly all mountain trail on a cross country bike, and nobody see's it , can I say I rode all mountain today?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    This thread is F'ing hilarious! Roflmao ALL-MOUNTAIN STYLE

another bozo on the bus
    what if the local "mountains" you ride are only around 700' ? in my book, these are just are hills. would that make me "All Hill?"

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by washedup
    what if the local "mountains" you ride are only around 700' ? in my book, these are just are hills. would that make me "All Hill?"

If you ride across some country to get to the hill....wouldn't you be cross hill...? But at 700'....that could also fall in the "1/4 Mountain" category.

Takw/agranofsalt
    Jan 2005
    If you fall in the forest and no one is around to see you crash do you not bleed?

another bozo on the bus
    If you ride across some country to get to the hill....wouldn't you be cross hill...? But at 700'....that could also fall in the "1/4 Mountain" category.
    im not worthy

banned
    Hmm...If you don't have the endurance or the fitness to ride across the country and up all the mountain, and you dont have the balls to bomb down all the mountain and ride back across the country, and you like slamming mountain dew, then are you all mountain..?

mtbr member
    I ride AM on a 19# hardtail on occasion. I get made fun of for it, but I still do it. That's what makes it so AM.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton

The All Mountain Sampling

I prefer to define "all mountain" as a cross section from my rides for an entire week...

Monday- Too tired to ride. Surf MTBR instead
    Tuesday- Fast XC ride in Park City with Racer Boys
    Wednesday- Urban ride on and around University of Utah campus on the DJ bike, shuttle on the train to avoid unsightly uphill riding.
    Thursday- Black Diamond Thursday, baby! Ride up and down difficult trails until injured.
    Friday- Easy road spin, usually up one of the local canyon roads into the... MOUNTAINS.
    Saturday- Deer Valley DH on the lifts!
    Sunday- Longer (4+hr XC ride)

So by the end of the week, I am pretty All Mountain, but on any given day I might be in disguise as one of those poor souls who specializes in only one cycling discipline! This also allows me to fully utilize my ecclectic and ugly collection of cycling clothing, from the TLD D2 full face helmet to the Team edition Rudy Projects and skimpy lycra.

WOOT!

JMH

Hmm...If you don't have the endurance or the fitness to ride across the country and up all the mountain, and you dont have the balls to bomb down all the mountain and ride back across the country, and you like slamming mountain dew, then are you all mountain..?

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JMH
    I prefer to define "all mountain" as a cross section from my rides for an entire week...

Monday- Too tired to ride. Surf MTBR instead
    Tuesday- Fast XC ride in Park City with Racer Boys
    Wednesday- Urban ride on and around University of Utah campus on the DJ bike, shuttle on the train to avoid unsightly uphill riding.
    Thursday- Black Diamond Thursday, baby! Ride up and down difficult trails until injured.
    Friday- Easy road spin, usually up one of the local canyon roads into the... MOUNTAINS.
    Saturday- Deer Valley DH on the lifts!
    Sunday- Longer (4+hr XC ride)

So by the end of the week, I am pretty All Mountain, but on any given day I might be in disguise as one of those poor souls who specializes in only one cycling discipline! This also allows me to fully utilize my ecclectic and ugly collection of cycling clothing, from the TLD D2 full face helmet to the Team edition Rudy Projects and skimpy lycra.

WOOT!

JMH

Sounds to me like you are saying we are cyclist's....So does drinking mountain dew make you all mountain..?