Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

If this wasn't so funny I'd cry.....

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  LeadPipeFill 
#1 · (Edited)
So my 20 year old daughter comes home for spring break and decides she wants to start ridin with the old man, So i pick her up this 2006 Giant used for 120 bucks. Its a good deal for a starter bike, MegaRange cassette on the back wiith Shimano Altus rear derailluer. SR Suntour crank. Not top of the line comps by any means but still a great deal for 120 bucks for her first MTB.

And then she goes and does this.

We went riding today, I could only hang my head as we passed people and laugh loudly inside. LOL, We didnt drop her on her head as a child and I know shes not retarded cause shes a 2nd year college student on the deans list. Thought I'd share for those needing a good laugh.

See less See more
#2 ·
That's ALL mountain right there!

You said twenty years old, right? LOL. Gotta love her shutzbah.

I went to help my 22 year old daughter and her husband move from college a couple weeks ago and she had a bike that looked about like this (but without the basket, bell and tassles) and it was rusty and in such disrepair I left it on the curb with a sign on it (Free bike to a good home!) and it was gone within a half hour. Couldn't see hauling that home.

#3 ·
You said twenty years old, right? LOL. Gotta love her shutzbah.

I went to help my 22 year old daughter and her husband move from college a couple weeks ago and she had a bike that looked about like this (but without the basket, bell and tassles) and it was rusty and in such disrepair I left it on the curb with a sign on it (Free bike to a good home!) and it was gone within a half hour. Couldn't see hauling that home.
Yea shes definately got some moxy. Your right about it being ALL mountain. The curve on the basket helps the aerodynamics going DH. :) Thats what I'll keep tellin myself. LOL

#8 ·
I almost did that to my WFO9 the last time I rode in a charity "race" put on by a local VFD. They have big tables of home-baked goodies at each of the aid stations, and I figured that would be a good way to carry cookies and brownies.

A friend of mine has streamers and spoke beads on her townie, and I suspect she'd crush a fair percentage of people on the forum.

#10 ·
There is no embarrassing her. In all honesty she makes me a proud papa everyday. She's smart, thinks for herself, is extremely outgoing and doesn't follow the pack but does what she wants to do. As you can see. With all the depressing crap going on today especially in the news I just hope these pics bring if not a laugh then at least a smile to someones day.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.