mtbr member
    May 2007

Ibis Mojo HD3 SLX vs Davinci Troy GX

So just moved out the Seattle and am looking to do some more all mountain riding. Been riding and racing XC for the last 10 year and currently on an anthem 27.5. Right now I'm looking at the Mojo HD3 slx and Troy GX

Ibis Mojo HD3

Davinci Troy

At the $3500 mark, I think the Ibis build is a little better and the bike itself is lighter, but can help me understand the two and how they ride or recommendations between the two?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Both would be very solid choices as a do it all bike out here. Ibis (they tend to run short so look into sizing) felt a little more playful to me along with climbing a little better , while the troy I felt required a little more body English and speed to come alive. This lead to the Devinci feeling a tad bit more stable at speed though. Devinci also gives a lifetime warranty on their carbon frames if that is something you would want. Personally, I would just pick whichever one floats your boat or is better value and run with it as they are both great bikes.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Good eye on the Mojo geometry, usually I run a small, but this puts me on a medium. I tend to like a more playful bike so I think i'll try to pick up a used HD3.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Also how does the HD3 compare to the Bronson?

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    I can't tell much there as I haven't ridden any Santa Cruz bikes, but I see you're in Seattle so if you have time for a day trip up to Bellingham you could call Fanatik Bike Shop up there who is a dealer of all 3 of those brands (Ibis, Devinci, and Santa Cruz) and they might at least have some you could potentially demo or at least take a parking lot ride on. They are a pretty good store to work with and I'm sure some of them could definitely compare those 3 bikes for you far better than I could. Hope this helps man! I really don't think there is a bad bike in that bunch though.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    From what I've read, the HD3 is still the most nimble and poppy of the three bikes you are considering. I was in a similar choice situation and opted for the HD3, mainly because I have a Mojo SL now and like the solid pedaling platform and overall performance but wanted to go the 27.5 wheels and slightly longer frame with a bit more travel. For $3k I found a used 2015 with the 741 carbon wheels, Pike, CCDBIL, and X0/XX1 build. That took a couple of months of looking though.

There is a guy on the Ibis forums who has owned both the Bronson and HD3 and he says that although the Ibis "feels" like it pedals up trail better, the Bronson is actually faster according to Strava. If you like downhills over climbing and general trail feature play, then the Bronson is supposed to be better at stability. The Troy seems to offer a good value, but also would take 3rd in climbing of these three. I've followed a guy climbing singletrack on one and he had more pedal bob. That could also be cadence/technique though...

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by blantonator View Post
    So just moved out the Seattle and am looking to do some more all mountain riding. Been riding and racing XC for the last 10 year and currently on an anthem 27.5. Right now I'm looking at the Mojo HD3 slx and Troy GX

Ibis Mojo HD3

Davinci Troy

At the $3500 mark, I think the Ibis build is a little better and the bike itself is lighter, but can help me understand the two and how they ride or recommendations between the two?

Thanks!
    I own a 2015 Troy XP and I LOVE this bike. It climbs everything, blows down everything. You can't go wrong with the Troy.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by HotDishman View Post
    Both would be very solid choices as a do it all bike out here. Ibis (they tend to run short so look into sizing) felt a little more playful to me along with climbing a little better , while the troy I felt required a little more body English and speed to come alive. This lead to the Devinci feeling a tad bit more stable at speed though. Devinci also gives a lifetime warranty on their carbon frames if that is something you would want. Personally, I would just pick whichever one floats your boat or is better value and run with it as they are both great bikes.
    Well said. My bike search came down to these two- I liked the ibis a bit better but it was over 2000 more in Canada so I got the Troy and love it. It is almost a good a climber but a bit better descender..you really can't go wrong

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk