mtbr member
    Apr 2016

I wonder if the spokes of the wheel are present.

Hello.

The spoke in the picture is slightly bent by the chain.
    I am 83 kilograms in weight and Dartmoor Hornet is my bike.
    I travel mainly on a single road with stairs and steps, wondering if it is necessary to replace bent spokes.

Is it ok to ride in a hard tail oar with a spoke in that state?

I wonder if the spokes of the wheel are present.-kakaotalk_20171206_001314553.jpg

I wonder if the spokes of the wheel are present.-kakaotalk_20171206_001314553-vert.jpg

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Bladed spoke bent across the blade like that I would definitely replace it soon. Stairs and such are rather hard on a bike. When it brakes its not going to cause the wheel to explode or anything, could possibly catch the chain and take the RD out though or cause more damaged spokes.

Not the end of the world to ride it like that, but that spoke will cause more problems likely sooner than later.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Life on a bike doesn't begin till the sun goes down.

US partner for Ravemen:
    www.rakclighting.com

mtbr member
    Looks like a 24 spoke wheel? IME, you can have a broken spoke or 3 on a 32 spoke wheel an barely notice on a mountain bike (assuming disc brakes), but lose one on a 24 spoke and it can become so far out of true you may have trouble even clearing the chainstays depending on clearing. So I'd agree with the above assessment that it's not in need of instant replacement, but replacing sooner rather than later isn't a bad idea.

mtbr member
    I would be looking to replace the wheels. No way I'd be riding stairs on 24-spoke wheels.

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Is this able to be fixed?

Hello.
    We leave feedback on what happened before the spoke was pulled from the hub.
    It has been repaired, but it can be missed if you drive rough.
    I did not have any problems when I ran soft after a repair, but when I ran wild, I got a problem that the spoke was pulled from the same position of the hub.
    And the question of spoke bend in this posting had no effect on running.

mtbr member
    Jan 2018
    I've never had any problems from riding on a wheel with bent spokes. Putting a gouge or nick in them is another matter; that will indeed cause a failure.

Riding aggressively on low-spoke-count wheels - especially those with fancy bladed spokes - is typically not a great idea. A good 32-spoke rear wheel built with quality components (a stout rim and butted round SS spokes) by a competent whellbuilder is still the best recipe for durability, especially for heavier riders.