mtbr member

Hubs w/ fast engagement.

So apart from the Chris King's or the i9's what rear hubs have really quick engagement?

Administrator Administrator
    stealth hubs. Instant engagement.

Home | True Precision Components
    Try this: HTFU

ultra member
    Hope Pro 2's dont have as many engagement points as chris kings, but they are still better than most. If they are good enough for trials riding, they are good enough for standart mtbing.
    Somersaults... that's how I roll.

meow meow
    hadley, halo, superstar, shimano can be decent, so can dt swiss

mtbr member
    DT Swiss with the optional 36t star ratchet.
    Speed Kills...It kills those that don't have it!
    German Engineering in Da Haus, Ja!

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Lets not forget about the Industry Nine (i9) hubs with 6 paw engagement.

mtbr member
    Seems to be more of them coming out every day. I dont think anyone has it down as solid as king does (unsure how well hadley holds up).

On the cheap end, bitex hubs have 48pt and they're under 100 bucks. Very solid hub too.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    been using a hadley for 2 years now. So far no issues super quick engagement and sounds great. And I'm a clyde so it's seen it's fair share of abuse

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I have a 108 point engagement Hadley rear hub..
    I believe they only made them for a little while though?
    and all the newer Hadleys are 72....

I'm SUCH a square....
    Sun/Ringle'. I have a set of Equalizers that are all but 'instant-on'. Trying Shitmano after getting used to them was pitiful.
    A bike is the only drug with no bad side effects....

~ B A D A S S ~
    Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher View Post
    stealth hubs. Instant engagement.

Home | True Precision Components
    Word. Unlimited engagement
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles View Post
    Specialized sucks ass.

~ B A D A S S ~
    I also have a deore hub, its only 32p but it will probably outlast everything in this entire thread. Its very likely. And it was cheap. Its a heavy beast with lots of durable steel in there. But heavy = good. And we all know it.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.

Specialized sucks ass.

mtbr member
    Deore is 16 or 18 pt.. they're not particularly durable in the freehub. Mine was problem free, but lots of people bust them.

~ B A D A S S ~
    Sorry my brain must have reverted to a state of unusual and weird temporary r3tardedness. I have the SLX hubs of course. Last years. Really solid hubs to be honest. I still can't believe how they can sell those hubs so cheap. Best part with them is the steel freehub so you can run custom cassettes and such. And all those are non carrier.

I had the Deore before that and those were some measly 18 p or so. Gave the whole wheel away when I upgraded.

Specialized sucks ass.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    King- 72 points.
    i9- 108 points.
    Shimano- cheaper models 16, expensive ones I think 32 or 36.
    King is definitely not the best in this regard.
    undefined Absolutely must have: Black Machine Tech Zeroflex brake levers (the ones with the rotating leverage adjuster)

~ B A D A S S ~

Specialized sucks ass.

~ B A D A S S ~
    Uphiller the King has proven itself quite nice I think. Not many hubs last that long. When you get up to a point there is no point in going further. I personally think 32 or 36 is enough. The rest is just bling IMO. I have a bling hub too, a TP, haven't built the sucker up yet since my GT is not even close to being worthy. But I could have bought 10 SLX for that money, and today I would have bought 2 and spent the rest on other parts.

Specialized sucks ass.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I was NOT liking the DT Swiss hubs that came on my bike, they felt like half a rotation to engage compared to the King hubs on bike #1. The newer DEEMAX wheelset hubs are superb, however, they are pricey, but I've yet to even tweak a rim and the hub lock up is almost as good as King's.

Ow!
    I use King, Hadley, and True Precision on the rear. As stated, TP is instant engagement, but heavy and expensive new (I bought mine used). I like King the most, but the Hadleys are great, less expensive, and easier to work on without special tools. I usually recommend folks to use Hadley rears if they are buying new.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Hard to beat hadley, super simple to work on, and a great mom & pop company

LDH
    mtbr member
    Project321's are pretty trick.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Any reviews on those True Precision Stealth Hubs?

They look rad, but are pricey.

I'd love to have a rear hub that is both totally silent when coasting, and also has instant engagement.

The Stealths look pretty, but are they worth $415+shipping?

Anybody with experience with these hubs, please chime in, and maybe do a review on the Hub Reveiw page. Muchos gracias.

Ow!
    AcuNinja, Check the "older products" reviews and there has been some other threads about TP (might search "stealth", which is the model name). As you will see, folks had problems with earlier models (I think the model with that big bulb), but later models are getting a few good reviews.

I will do a review eventually, but in the meantime my experience. I have been using a rear TP Stealth hub (10mm thru bolt) laced to a Mavic EX823 for about 1.5 years, now on my On-one 456. Instant engagement. Quiet. Heavy. Not for those concerned about weight, but if engagement is important to you, there isn't anything quicker than instant. No problems with it, but it took a few preload adjustments to get it tight, but not too tight (chain slack when backpedaling). I am very impressed, and would consider buying another USED one (I bought mine used off ebay for $120. Yes, a great deal). Not too certain I would pay over $415, but I buy all my hubs used these days (King and Hadley).

Customer service may be good. I called them once for some advice on maintenance after I bought it, and they were very helpful and pleasant. I think they have a good customer service reputation even during the problems of the earlier models.

Worth $400 new? Hmm. But is King worth around $400 new? If buying new, wanting the best, and not concerned about weight, then they may be worth it (compared to other hubs). My only negative is that, while owner friendly for maintenance, they are not owner friendly for repair. Hopefully, they will not need repairing, but, if so, off they go to TP.

mtbr member
    I have one wheelset with an atomlab pimplite singlespeed hub, nice super quick engagement, and considerably less expensive than kings or I9s. The website says 60 poi and 6 pawls, I can't find what the degree of engagement is, but it is night and day compared to a shimano or house brand hub. I think there might be a point of diminishing returns, where much more than that is just bragging rights (and $$$) and may not make much difference on the trail. I can tell you it is pretty fast, ratcheting through and up tough low speed techy stuff is real nice especially on a SS, timing wheeliedrops is easier and instantaneous.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    If I were to do it again, I definitely would not get King. The engagement is good, but there are options with similar engagement and weight at a lower price, or still good engagement and lower weight at a far lower price (like newer Shimano XT- similar weight to King, OK engagement, 36 points I recall vs. King's 72, and around 70 bucks).
    I have owned three different King rear hubs and all of them had the same problem- either you get them just tight enough to have no play, but have chain sag when you pedal backwards in certain gears; or they have chain sag but they are very slightly loose. So- why did I buy the same hub with the same problems three times? Because I was into bling, needed high engagement for trials riding, and frankly, was a dupe. After multiple attempts at disassembling and reassembling with different types of oil, I gave up and chose to have the slight wobble.
    The wobble is detectable when you grasp the rear tire and pull it left and right- you feel the hub rattle slightly. Not only have I done this on my own hubs, I also try it on every King rear hub I see, and I get the same result: chain sag in certain gears, or bearing wobble.
    Never had a single problem with their headsets or front hubs.
    undefined Absolutely must have: Black Machine Tech Zeroflex brake levers (the ones with the rotating leverage adjuster)

mtbr member
    I am very sceptical of hype and bling and I have read countless threads and reviews of these hubs. These issues are absolutely unacceptable for a hub that expensive and pretty, never mind any hub. If it was a house brand or common shimano hub it would be sh*t on all over these forums, I9s and eastons are not exempt from their issues either. The same crap goes on on the road bike forums, despite all the mavic haters over there because they're not blingy enough and don't cost as much as a used car, I upgraded my low end aksiums for the mid level kysrium sl's, and they have been everything I hoped for. I have to agree king headsets are awesome though, my oldest bike is 14 years old on its second one, mine last through years of winter and spring slop.
    Last edited by masterofnone; 04-21-2012 at 12:34 PM.

~ B A D A S S ~
    I like that the SLX hubs have the regular cup and cone system. Its easy to service and easy to get tight.
    Its seems to me that those cartridge bearing hubs are hard to get play free.

Specialized sucks ass.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Profile hubs 204 points of engagement...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by briantortilla View Post
    Hope Pro 2's dont have as many engagement points as chris kings, but they are still better than most. If they are good enough for trials riding, they are good enough for standart mtbing.
    Their trials hub is single speed with more engagement than the standard Pro2Evo if I'm not mistaken.

ultra member
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorSerioso View Post
    Their trials hub is single speed with more engagement than the standard Pro2Evo if I'm not mistaken.
    You are correct. I forgot about that. The trials is 48 engagement points because of the offset pawls. The standard hub is the same mechanism, but without the offset to create 24 engagement points.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by RE50 View Post
    Profile hubs 204 points of engagement...
    Wow. Never heard of that. Have you tried that hub? Is there a lot of drag?

banned
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rednova75 View Post
    So apart from the Chris King's or the i9's what rear hubs have really quick engagement?
    IMO - Selecting a rear hub should not be so f'ing complicated.
    Made an attempt to answer this oft asked?, and posted a Google doc attachment -
    and it was about as popular, as a fart in church.
    Got hub? Count the clicks...

POE (points of engagement) and degrees of engagement are not the same.
    Seems the hub & wheel-set mfg's purposely omit these specs to cloud one's buying decision. If made common knowledge, it would be MUCH easier to compare apples : apples. My thought was to provide a method to eliminate the hype & mis-information - simply count the clicks of your rear hub during one revolution, post it in the spreadsheet, and include the freehub replacement $$.

A ring drive (CK), or start ratchet (DT) do not use pawls, so the load is distributed to ALL the teeth, at once. Not just the teeth contacted by the engaging pawls. i.e. A 4 pawl hub with 30 teeth, may claim 120 points of engagement, yet may only click 30 times per rev. to engage every 12 degrees. Not at all the same.

Hope's are a good example. 4 pawls with 24 teeth for 24 clicks, and engage every 15 degrees. The SS Trials hub (4/24) uses offset pawls, to give 48 clicks, and engage every 7.5 degrees. Many may not consider Hope's high engagement, yet with only 2 pawls engaging simultaneously, they seem to be reliable due to their use of big pawls and strong springs.

Not promoting any brands, only goal is to help others save research time, and to avoid buying an inferior hub, or pre-built wheel, due to piss poor info.
    Last edited by Flyin_W; 04-23-2012 at 06:14 PM. Reason: math error.

~ B A D A S S ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyin_W View Post

A ring drive (CK), or start ratchet (DT) do not use pawls, so the load is distributed to ALL the teeth, at once. Not just the teeth contacted by the engaging pawls. i.e. A 4 pawl hub with 30 teeth, may claim 120 points of engagement, yet may only click 30 times per rev. to engage every 12 degrees. Not at all the same.

Hope's are a good example. 4 pawls with 24 teeth for 24 clicks, and engage every 15 degrees. The SS Trials hub (4/24) uses offset pawls, to give 48 clicks, and engage every 30 degrees. Many may not consider Hope's high engagement, yet with only 2 pawls engaging simultaneously, they seem to be reliable due to their use of big pawls and strong springs.
    But all the broken DT ratchets seems to indicate something else. Manufacturing tolerances are not good enough to make any of these systems work as they should in theory. If that was the case, the whole star ratchet would break all over the place at the same time when it breaks. The hubs with pwals also usually only engage with only one single pawl, you can hear it if you spin them slowly. In some circumstances at least. Also with that system only one pawl seems to break when it breaks. And that tells us all the torque is concentrated to the one most misaligned pawl. Nothing is ever the exact amount of degrees in hubs, especially when you factor in dirt, metal shavings and lube, and you only need to be off by a very tiny fraction of a degree to make it a one pawl system, which they all are in practice.

edited: spelling!
    Last edited by car bone; 04-22-2012 at 10:15 AM.

Specialized sucks ass.

banned
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by car bone View Post
    ...The hubs with pwals also usually only engage with only one single pawl, you can hear it if you spin them slowly...
    No, most hubs with pawls engage simultaneously. If they were to engage singularly, more would fail. No system is perfect, and all are only as strong as the weakest link.

Yes, that's fonetic
    Quote Originally Posted by MacinSeed View Post
    Lets not forget about the Industry Nine (i9) hubs with 6 paw engagement.
    Hard to forget them when the OP mentioned them in his question. Love mine and despite the 6 "pawls" they're quieter than my Hadleys, which have been just as trouble free.

~ B A D A S S ~
    No, most hubs with pawls engage simultaneously. If they were to engage singularly, more would fail. No system is perfect, and all are only as strong as the weakest link.
    Most of these hubs with pawls and a ring are not precision machined, the ring is oval, the pawls are not the exact same size, thicker, longer, one is more pointy and so on.

If this was supposed to be high precision they'd need to machine the ring first, harden it, then either machine it again with precision ground tools, or precision grind the last bit. Like they do with all high precision components. The cost would be tenfold. When you harden steel it deforms, and there is no way around that fact, it deforms enough to make such systems out of whack.

But most of these systems seems to work quite well with only one working pawl. When people crack them open they often find out they have only one working pawl, and it makes no difference in many cases. If all the pawls were to engage at the same time all the time and have the same load on them they would all break at the same time too, not factoring in material defects such as alloy segregation in the pawls and similar (which is another factor that will prevent them to work as they should after a long enough time).

Looks good on paper, but when you actually see the finished parts its not the same anymore.

I would like to see a pawl system with only one pawl, a better, stronger and wider pawl.

Also the DT high engagement rings suffer from the same effects, in a slightly different way. Looks like its always one tooth that breaks, the one that took all the load, and then you have metal shavings in there and its stops working as supposed. Those are (or were at least) horribly machined parts and thats why they break quite often. If you want to use badly machined parts they have to be thicker and stronger to make up for it imo.

Everything works, until it stops working.

But you are right, they are as strong as the weakest link. The weakest link in these cases are manufacturing tolerances imo, its hard to make precicion gear that is supposed to be almost free.

I'm not saying the TP hubs are any better though, they use some sort of one way needle bearing, and I have a feeling those don't like dirt.

Specialized sucks ass.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Profile Racing Products - MTB

check these hubs...not well known yet...they had been mainly used for BMX

banned
    Jun 2007
    Profile Racing E-Store

Look at the listed specs^^^ for Profile's SS hub [6 pawls for 204 pts of engagement!]
    This is a good example of pure marketing B.S. [204/6= 34] Most likely, this hub has 34 teeth, and
    unless the pawls are offset - the pawls will engage at the same time, and it will "click" 34 x per revolution, or once every 10.6 degrees.
    If anyone out there has this hub, please count the clicks and prove me wrong.

It's not that I'm anti-mfg., or an advertising vigilante, I simply detest myths that are presented as facts.

ultra member
    Profile Racing E-Store

Look at the listed specs^^^ for Profile's SS hub [6 pawls for 204 pts of engagement!]
    This is a good example of pure marketing B.S. [204/6= 34] Most likely, this hub has 34 teeth, and
    unless the pawls are offset - the pawls will engage at the same time, and it will "click" 34 x per revolution, or once every 10.6 degrees.
    If anyone out there has this hub, please count the clicks and prove me wrong.

It's not that I'm anti-mfg., or an advertising vigilante, I simply detest myths that are presented as facts.
    It has offset pawls. 204 is the actual # of clicks.

mtbr member
    I have actually picked up the Profile hubs and checked them out. I can't say that I actually counted out 204 clicks, but they do have engagement that is for all intents and purposes instant. This hub engages more quickly than any other hub I have ever seen. Their marketing is not BS, though I can see how it would be easy to be skeptical.

banned
    Jun 2007

Smells like B.S..

Profile SS Hub.

m) ratchet ring - 24 teeth.
    i) driver - 3 pairs of pawls.
    Profile Racing - How To - Home
    (click the 11th pic down next to "Insert pawls and springs into driver")
    At best, this hub can click 72x per turn.
    Were the 6 pawls separate and in perfect harmony to engage one at a time, this could only engage 144 x per turn.
    Problem is, hubs do not engage 1 pawl at a time. They work together, either in unison, or offset, but not one at a time -ever.
    If wrong, please correct me with the facts, not marketing hype and pure B.S.

ultra member
    Profile SS Hub.

Were the 6 pawls separate and in perfect harmony to engage one at a time, this could only engage 144 x per turn.
    Problem is, hubs do not engage 1 pawl at a time. They work together, either in unison, or offset, but not one at a time -ever.
    Look here: 204 engagement points!!!!!!!!!! - Observed Trials Bike Forum There is a picture of the internals and quite a bit of discussion about the hub. As you can see, each pawl has 3 teeth unlike a normal pawl.

mtbr member
    Jeez, look at the ring teeth on that thing.. very very small.

banned
    Jun 2007
    BT,
    The link is for their Elite 9/10 spd hub.
    ----
    "Product Details
    Replacement drivers for the Profile Elite Hub. Six-Pawl design.
    These drivers are not compatible with Profile Mini Hubs, Totem Hubs, Micro Mini Hubs, High Flange Hubs,
    SS hubs, or hubs from any other company."
    ----
    Last edited by Flyin_W; 04-24-2012 at 11:39 AM. Reason: T.M.I.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    lets dum it down...profile elite worth the money or not...?

Swimming thru the Smog
    Apr 2011
    Look at the teeth on the I-9 compared to the teeth/pawls on the profile hub.

http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/photos...b06ind9hub.jpg

Now look at the profile hubs. Take note of the size difference of the pawls and the difference in design on the springs.

Seems like profile is embellishing quiet a bit. Also considering the only hub with over 200 engagement points is 999$ makes me think this is also BS.

Kappius Hubs – 240 Points of Engagement | Mountain Bike Review

Deadhead
    Mar 2004
    Profile SS Hub.

This ^^^ is a bmx hub. Different animal than the MTB version. The mention of a 9 or 10 tooth driver should be a giveaway. Your math seems to be a bit off as well in reference to the two versions of the Hope a few posts back.
    "If you can get both wheels sliding with no brakes, that's when you really know that you're cookin." Nathan Rennie

banned
    Jun 2007
    Have never owned, or held a Profile hub, and am just trying to separate fact from B.S.
    Welcome all input, and feedback when supported by facts, not accusations and hyperbole.
    So, please explain what I said incorrectly about Hope, and enlighten us all on Profile hubs.
    GFB, I stand corrected, and will edit - thanks.
    The schematic I posted was the one I found on their site - of a SS hub.
    Replied to post #37 found SS hub schematic and posted.
    Only wish the help others building wheels to de-bunk myth, and get hub facts, not to post & defend data, or B.S. marketing hype ..
    If you have it, please count the clicks, post it to
    Got hub? Count the clicks...
    and support the data, or your input is of little value.
    Last edited by Flyin_W; 04-24-2012 at 11:35 AM.

Deadhead
    Mar 2004
    The links you posted are for a non Elite version. This 204 engagement points!!!!!!!!!! - Observed Trials Bike Forum is the Elite. Pretty obvious difference in the ratchet ring and pawl assemblies for each.
    Hope: 24 clicks for engagement every 15 degrees
    Hope Trials: 48 clicks for engagement every 7.5 degrees, not 30.
    "If you can get both wheels sliding with no brakes, that's when you really know that you're cookin." Nathan Rennie

mtbr member
    Thats just getting ridiculous. Kings 72pt is essentially instant engagement.. My 48pt bitex almost feels instant, I never notice the slight slack.

I think 200 points is really pretty useless. They'd be better hubs with half the engagement and thicker/more durable parts.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I have a AC Chub Hub and the free hub is slipping. I work on bikes a lot how do you open the rear hub. I talked to AC ( adventure components ) and they don't make MTB components anymore and could not help me??? any ideas....

Administrator Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by mcphoto View Post
    I have a AC Chub Hub and the free hub is slipping. I work on bikes a lot how do you open the rear hub. I talked to AC ( adventure components ) and they don't make MTB components anymore and could not help me??? any ideas....
    A lot of time if you can get the axle out of the hub you just need to put in a large allen wrench, something in the 10-12mm size. It will then thread out. If you are lucky they used a shimano freehub which you can just buy a new one that will thread in. If not and it was a proprietary freehub, there isn't much you can do, as must freehubs are not rebuildable and even if you could you probably couldn't get the correct pawls or springs.

Anyway try to remove it like I said, then go from there.
    Try this: HTFU

mtbr member

www.derbyrims.com

Atomlab Pimplite

Quote Originally Posted by masterofnone View Post
    I have one wheelset with an atomlab pimplite singlespeed hub, nice super quick engagement, and considerably less expensive than kings or I9s. The website says 60 poi and 6 pawls, I can't find what the degree of engagement is, but it is night and day compared to a shimano or house brand hub. I think there might be a point of diminishing returns, where much more than that is just bragging rights (and $$$) and may not make much difference on the trail. I can tell you it is pretty fast, ratcheting through and up tough low speed techy stuff is real nice especially on a SS, timing wheeliedrops is easier and instantaneous.
    Thanks for your review. I have searched and found few reviews of the Pimplite hubs.

The 60 clicks of engagement per revolution is quick. And the price is low compared to the near competition having 72 clicks. They are light in weight too.

Shimano's XT is 36 or 10%
    Atomlab Pimplite is 60 or 6%
    Hadley and King are 72 or 5%
    Hope Pro2 is 24 or 15% (and effectively slower, acts like an 18 tooth, because of their rip-saw shape of engagement teeth)
    Cane Creek 18 click or 20%
    Cane Creek Plus 36 ior 10%

mtbr member

banned
    Jun 2007
    ^^^ Tough to tell from the video, yet I heard more like 80 clicks, not 204.

If anyone reading this has Elite hub: Please, mark a tooth and count the # of clicks made in one turn. - thanks.
    Last edited by Flyin_W; 05-01-2012 at 03:42 PM. Reason: re-phrased for clarity

FUNHOG!
    the profile mtb hubs have 68 teeth in the ratchet ring, so if the pawls are offset in pairs, that would be 204 engagement points. count the teeth in this picture if you like, i got 68.

http://www.profileracing.com/estore/...?productId=297

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by While At Rome View Post
    Look at the teeth on the I-9 compared to the teeth/pawls on the profile hub.

http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/photos...b06ind9hub.jpg

Now look at the profile hubs. Take note of the size difference of the pawls and the difference in design on the springs.

Seems like profile is embellishing quiet a bit. Also considering the only hub with over 200 engagement points is 999$ makes me think this is also BS.

Kappius Hubs – 240 Points of Engagement | Mountain Bike Review
    Thanks for pointing out our Kappius Components hubs. We are currently the fastest engaging hubs on the market to our knowledge with 240 points. Feel free to ask me any questions about them and check out our website, Kappius Components

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Hubs: Korean-Bar; engagement quick - "me likey green-card... you buy me drinkee???"

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerb View Post
    Thanks for pointing out our Kappius Components hubs. We are currently the fastest engaging hubs on the market to our knowledge with 240 points. Feel free to ask me any questions about them and check out our website, Kappius Components
    But from the above posts, true precision hubs are faster than your fastest hubs? No?

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhanney View Post
    But from the above posts, true precision hubs are faster than your fastest hubs? No?
    That is true. We have the fastest pawl or drive ring (King/DT Swiss Star Ratchet style) driven engaging hubs. All roller clutches have some backlash but quantifying it is a bit harder because each design is different.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerb View Post
    That is true. We have the fastest pawl or drive ring (King/DT Swiss Star Ratchet style) driven engaging hubs. All roller clutches have some backlash but quantifying it is a bit harder because each design is different.
    thanks bikerb. just wondering how is the drag of the star ratchet style or fastest pawl driven style compared to a roller clutch? I have seen low engagement and low drag (white industries/hopes/nuke proof) high engagement and high drag (E13/Kings/DT) and lastly high engagement and low drag (True precision). I have not seen hadley's performance yet nor Kappius'

I am still on Hopes and wanting to spend some money on a higher engagement 142x12 hub.

few considerations on my mind:
    1.engagement (fairly high say 60 above?)
    2.weight (hmmm should there be a compromise?)
    3.drag (low)
    4.servicability (home mechanic)

what would y'all recommend?

mtbr member
    +1 for Hadley's
    Serviceability
    Reliable
    Aesthetically look good
    4yrs of pleased customer here

Members who have read this thread: 29