Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Motion activated

How often do you ride?

The wife and I ride XC (or is that AM now) four times a week during DST. Adds up to be about 6-7,000 feet / 35-50 miles of Front Range single track per week. Now that the lifts have opened the week-ends will include more DH and/or some longer XC stuff.

I hate non-ride days ...... But luckily today is a ride day

So how many Mark Weir's (28,000 ft of vert. per week) do we have out there? What about weekend only warriors??
    Happiness is a warm 2 stroke.

another bozo on the bus
    depends on the week for me. if i work that week, im lucky if i get to ride the road bike in. 2 weeks ago was a week off and clocked 125-150 in morning rides. next week is the hut trip which will be 250+.

Hi!!!
    Not often!!!

I All-Foothills 2-3x/week and rides will range from something as short as ~5 miles to as long as ~15 miles. I also try to get in an All-Greenbelt (paved path) ride 1-2x/week and it's usually between 12-20+ miles each ride.
    Idaho Biking Yahoo! Group
    Support these shops: www.CustomMtnCycles.com & Reed's Cycle

Custom User Title
    It really depends on the Honey-Do list and work.
    The last two weeks I was able to get out for about 200 miles. The two weeks before that I was working in Wisconsin and put in about 100 mi. The month before that I maybe put up about 50 miles.

August is going to be good for me. 10 days in Whistler and 12 days in N.C.
    Team MOJO Wheels.

mtbr member
    I am the quintessential weekend warrior. Saturday and Sunday if I'm lucky. In the summer there have been weeks where I've gotten 4 days of riding in, but this is not normal.
    I envy those that ride more than once or twice a week. Guess it's not that important that I'll wake up at 4 a.m. or ride at night. Work, family, all that jazz.

Weekend warrior. That's me.
    "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity."

~ Charles Mingus

mtbr member
    I ride about 4-5 days a week, sometimes ST, sometimes urban, other times dirtjumping, I like it all. Fun to mix it up too, makes me a better overall rider and helps me forget the midwest is flat as hell
    Tarekith.com

'12 RM Slayer70, i9 Torch, Flow EX, XT Brakes, 5050 s3.

TNC
    noMAD man
    About the same as you, Steve...4 days a week. In the summer months where I live, some of that will be on a road bike...accck! In the milder months and in the winter I'll ride 4-5 times a week, usually all on an MTB...AM model of course.

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    the way my work schedule is, some weeks only once or twice, other weeks up to 5-6 days. i think i average something like 4.5 rides a week. at least when not injured or anything.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Veni Vidi Vici
    Weekend warriror, Saturday & Sunday is definitely a MTB day for me and my Fiance, around 30-35 miles...on weekday, at least one day for short ride, around 15 miles...

= dirt torpedo =
    Oct 2005
    2-3 times a week..
    usually Tues. Thurs. "before work" morning rides, and a big weekend ride

hoping to build up to 3-4 morning rides per week

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Saturdays, & Sundays are reserved for good long AM rides (I have to drive to all the good trails) These rides are a minium of 24 miles, usually more (almost all of the trails here are loops, that I know the exact distance of.)

During the week I'll do intervals on the road bike, or more likely, hit some urban stuff, or work on "skillz" like getting my bunnyhop higher/smoother..etc...

But I also mix it up, like this weekend I have a road century that I do every year, so I won't be getting the mountain miles in, or I'll take the downhill bike out....it's all good

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    56 out of the last 94 days, 75-80% above 8000 feet is all I know. AM rawks!
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

conjoinicorned
    1 SS ride, 1 DH ride (local lift access or shuttle) and saturday is the "AM" summit loop. so 3 times a week.
    what would rainbow unicorn do?

VooDoo user.
    3-5 days a week. mileage varies.

"pronounced shadow"
    Jun 2006
    Pretty much everyday weather permitting, but lately i've been doing more building than riding.

mtbr member
    3-5 trail rides a week, plus commuting someplace or another pretty much every day, as well as daily goofing off on my mini freeride park in my backyard.

MK_
    carpe maņana
    This year it was 5-6 days a week every week until I broke my rib a few weeks back. I still commute to work on my single, about 10 miles round trip every day. When I go out in the evening, which has been quite a lot so far, I take my bike too, another 4 or 5 miles round trip.

Definateely no Mark Weir, but I get the shakes if I don't get my riding fix a few times a week.

_MK
    "No man goes before his time -- unless the boss leaves early."
    -- Marx, Groucho

Riding a Rig.
    not nearly enough. I havent been on a ride all week. I need to rebuild the master cylinder for the rear brake on my Marin and I;'ve been too busy. I've been avoiding riding my hardtail because the pedal bearings are shot and I'm not sure if they are going to fail in a bad way or not.
    "Physics is timeless. Marketing and bs never lasts. Thats been proven time and time again."
    -Dave Weagle

mtbr member
    Every day
    I commute on a bike, and ride on weekends.
    Your fear of looking stupid is holding you back.

Dirt Displacer
    Every day for me too....
    I commute to work, do grocery store runs, ride the fitness track for morning PT, and hit the trails on my Nomad.
    Bombardier :::: MCM #249

[SIZE="5"]Trails Listings, GPS Tracks, & Forums[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="5"]Singletracks.com[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    im lucky, i have a great place i can ride about 50 yards from where i live, so i get to ride 7 days a week for about an hour and a half a day

mtbr member
    Not enough.
    WTB: Ritchey Plexus
    DiNotte 200 lights

automobiliana.blogspot.se

MTB B'dos

Not enough :D

Was doing 5 but they were a bit on the hard side including 50+ road rides (as I was training w/ some friends for a ride they wanted to do) so I cut it to 4 - Sat, Sun, Tues, Thurs. Occassionallly ride other days, but try not to ride more than 2 days in a row. Clock between 70 -110 miles a week on avg.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    When I rode a 25lb hardtail I rode 5-6 times per week - I live yards from the trail in a "biking destination" town, so it's nothing to sneak out for an hour or two every day. In fact, it's the reason I still live here.

But, now that my "one" bike is a 39lb 7x7 beast, and I never seem to do less than 10 miles per ride, I get out twice per week, maybe three times. I need the recovery between.

I recently built a nice hardtail to get me back on the trail with more frquency, but after getting used to the plush travel, I just can't stand the pounding of the hardtail - it's very rocky here. So it looks like I need to build a light full suspension bike to fill the role the HT was intended for. Much more spendy, so this has to wait.
    Last edited by Rollin'in'Zona; 07-08-2006 at 08:05 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Everyday. About 15 miles a day, but all urban.
    Not many trails here though...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast