mtbr member
    Oct 2013

How much is this Fezzari Abajo Peak worth?

Hi, I'm looking to buy this bike..It is a Fezzari Abajo Peak. Dual suspension, aluminum frame:

Fezzari Abajo Peak Full-Suspension Mountain Bike | Fezzari Bikes®

Fezzari Abajo Peak Full-Suspension Mountain Bike Tech Specs | Fezzari Bikes®

Is $1029 a fair price? It is almost half price (regular price $1940). It seems like an amazing deal, but I know that it might be a stretch to claim that the bike is regularly $1940. The bike will be an upgrade from my current hardtail 2001 Trek 6700. My Trek 6700 has served me well over the past 12 years but it is time for an upgrade. I don’t race, but I am a bigger guy (215 lbs) and I put a lot of torque loading on a bike.

Here are the components (also, you can see all details in the links above):

Front Shock: RockShox Dart 3 100mm

Rear Shock: SR Suntour Epicon 100mm

Shifters: Shimano Deore Mega 9 STI

Front Derailleur: Shimano Deore

Rear Derailleur: Shimano LX

Casette: SRAM Powerglide II

Brakes: Avid levers with Tektro MechanicalDisc Brake, 160mm rotors

Thanks to anyone who can help! (I posted the same bike recently on this forum but didn't have the full details at the time.)

As a comparison, I'm also considering this bike (Giant Trance, $1949):

Giant Trance 27.5 3 - Western Cycle Ltd. Edmonton AB Bike Shop & Service

How much better is the Giant than the Fezzari, if at all?
    Last edited by mountain_man_m; 01-20-2014 at 10:40 AM.

mtbr member
    "better" is a tough one - depends on what you were going to be using it for. The Fezzari is definately a more XC/light trail sorta build, the Giant is more heavy trail build.

Giant has more suspension travel, more aggressive brakes, more aggressive tires, but also its entire list of parts are higher on the food chain then the Fezzari.

Personally for the type of riding I do I would be going for the Giant between the two you have listed. That being said, if I was looking for a nice affordable way to get into the sport for under 1K then you have a winner.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Thanks for your reply. If the Giant is "meaningfully" better than the Fezzari, I'd go for the Giant. It sounds like it is based on your post.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 006_007 View Post

Personally for the type of riding I do I would be going for the Giant between the two you have listed. That being said, if I was looking for a nice affordable way to get into the sport for under 1K then you have a winner.
    I have to agree on this. I prefer the Giant as well but the Fezzari is also a solid ride. For $1k it really seems like a sweet deal but that of course depends on the condition.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mountain_man_m View Post
    Thanks for your reply. If the Giant is "meaningfully" better than the Fezzari, I'd go for the Giant. It sounds like it is based on your post.
    Again it really depends on the types of trails you are going to be riding.

If promarily fireroads and flowy singletrack with no real obstacles and you only need something to take the edge off small bumps then the Fez is the way to go.

However if your trails will involve more drops/roots/obstacles along the way, and have more significant descents then the Giant you have listed is more appropriate. They really are two quite different types of bikes.