mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Hope Tech V2 or tech m4?

Hey. I've read a lot about the m4s and they are a great brake. The v2s I've read are very good as well but have a little more initial bite. But will it be too much bite for AM riding?

I can get both of these brake kits for the same price, thats why I'm considering the v2s now that I've found this deal.

If the modulation is the same on both the m4 and v2, then I would think the better choice will be the v2s.

Any help?

Thanks.

switchback sculptor
    M4s are pleanty, unless you're in the Alps.
    Great power and better modulation than the v2s.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    go here: Hope Tech M4 v V2 ? i am debating the same thing. Im leaning towards the v2s, i like powerful brakes.

wuss
    V2's have plenty of modulation. I don't understand what you would need more for... Not quite a weight weenies brake but the caliper / lever combo is less then a M4 with braided hose, added weight comes from the rotors (also 183mm is the smallest rotor size).

And yes, I had M4's before but did not like them even close to as much as I like the V2's. Maybe it's a matter of preference.

edit: and yes, I agree M4's have more modulation then the V2's, I just don't see what I'd need that for. I ride on ice, wet slimy wood and rock and can easily modulate with the V2's. Maybe I would need to rise up to some other zen level to be able to benefit from even more modulation.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Thanks. Just read that other thread and it helped me out.