mtbr member
    Apr 2012

hey all mountain riders, need some advice from you advanced riders.

So i had a giant reign which I liked, didnt love but liked... It was stolen a few months after buying it and now I am going to buy another one. I just dont know if I should get the new Giant Reign 2.

Can someone reccomend me a different bike which is similar in price range and ride.

here is the two i am looking at now, please let me know opinions, I hope a few of you will take a minute and help me out.

thanks

KONAWORLD

Reign 2 (2013) - Bikes | Giant Bicycles | United States

Shinobi « All Mountain « Mountain « Bikes « Norco Bicycles

thanks to all of you
    ryan

mtbr member
    A lot will depend on your budget. There are so many quality AM bikes out there. To name a few there is the new 2013 banshee Rune or Spitfire, Specialized Enduro EVO, Mojo 160 HD, Yeti SB66, Transition Covert....... Then there is the option to custom build a bike up.

My advice would be to test ride and look at as many as possible and see which is the best fit for you, has the components you want and works with your budget!

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011

Re: hey all mountain riders, need some advice from you advanced riders.

Norco Shinobi is a fun bike.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Lots to choose from. Do your homework, test ride what's in your budget and let us know which bikes are making the final list. Unless you've already done this...

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Did you file an insurance claim, if possible?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Im guessing your budget is around the reign 2. Under 2500? What didnt you like about the reign? You say you liked it but didnt love it. What bike have you loved and why? The reign pedals and climbs well, also has plenty of active suspension at high speed and during braking. If you could change anything about the reign ehat would it be. Could it be a setup issue. Tire choice? Bar size? Shock and fork set up? Seat position ? Stem length? Tire pressure? Frame sizing?Just trying to see what your lookin for?.

The kona tanuki is a 130 bike. Maybe a shade lighter and pedalable. Mor comprable to giant reign. Maybe you dont need a 6inch bike? A 5 inch bike? Or 5.5.
    The trance is 120 the tanuki is 130 there also some 140 bikes out there?

Would you want somthing that bombs better than the reign or pedals and is more nimble than the reign. That could help dial in yout hunting process.
    Last edited by akiracornell; 03-12-2013 at 09:28 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    The shop I where I was looking at Shinobis recently had them tagged way under list price. They still had the same list price in USD as the Norco website on the tag($2110), but the shop price on the tag for the Shinobi 3 was $1699, and I think there was at least that much of a difference for the Shinobi 2. The salesman mentioned something about a recent price reduction from Norco(to the shop, I suppose). I didn't haggle to see if they would go lower because I ended up buying a different bike at another shop.
    Last edited by Geralt; 03-13-2013 at 01:47 AM.