mtbr member
    Mar 2013

HELP? Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 2013 Mountain Bike?

Hey.
    I've rode bikes since I was around 6, started BMX at 9, finished at 15 (17 now) You know when you just need to upgrade to something with much more adrenaline?

So, I've been looking into Mountain bikes! I want to do Down hill, Trails and typically quite rough terrains. And Road use, as I'll be using it to ride to work. I hate bussing.
    my budget is 700, I know it's low. But so is my salary (lol)

Is the SPECIALIZED HARDROCK SPORT DISC 2013 a good bike to start with? I obviously won't be hitting big trails and rough terrain right away, but at 500 I still have 200 left over for minor upgrades and some clothing. Please help guys, my head hurts from thinking to much lol

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I bought one for my wife a couple years back brand new. As much as she rides and the type riding she likes, it's fine. For trail use with no drops and just having fun, you should be fine. You may consider getting a clean used bike with perhaps better components as it may be a better value in your price range. For "quite rough" as you put it, you will find the stock fork more for light duty riding, and not suitable for really chunky or steep terrain. Try to ride a few bikes before you make a decision. Good luck!

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by trmn8er View Post
    I bought one for my wife a couple years back brand new. As much as she rides and the type riding she likes, it's fine. For trail use with no drops and just having fun, you should be fine. You may consider getting a clean used bike with perhaps better components as it may be a better value in your price range. For "quite rough" as you put it, you will find the stock fork more for light duty riding, and not suitable for really chunky or steep terrain. Try to ride a few bikes before you make a decision. Good luck!
    Thanks for your comment, man!
    My friend has some RockShox 2013 forks lying around, he said I could use them if others are not capable, obviously it won't be for a while until I find out if they are ;p.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by trmn8er View Post
    What he said! If you get serious about biking you will be upgrading very soon