mtbr member
    Dec 2010

help with specialized enduro sizing

hi guys, i'm thinking of getting a 2013 specialized enduro, i'm about 5'6, should i get a small or a medium? considering not using the command post which is a set back ang using 50mm stem.

thanks a lot guys

mtbr member
    Both sizes will fit you, but it depends what kind of bike you want more. If you want more a sled, get the medium since it has a longer wheel base. If you want the bike be a little more responsive and snappy, get the small.

I'm 5'10 which put me on the cusp of a medium or a large, I chose the medium because the bike was already superior enough when it came to downhill stuff. I wanted a little more playfulness and snap on trail features.

My 2011 came with a 60mm stem from the factory. I'm not a fan of the command post either and I use the giant contact switch post. Cheap, simple, hasn't been serviced EVER, and not a single issue in over two years and 7,000 miles of use.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Yeah you're right in that in-between size realm. I'm 5'7'' and really don't like the way medium Specialized mountain bikes fit my body. I always feel like I need to change stem lengths or various things about them to get them to feel right, but small frames feel perfect right out of the box. I've demo'ed a small Enduro before and felt very comfortable with the 60mm that was on it.

If it comes with the Command Post, why not use it? I like mine...I've had no issues out of it so far.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    wow, thanks guys, that made it really easy to decide, might get the small size thanks also thinking of using the command, since it comes with the frame

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I demo'd a 2013 enduro for 4 days in sedona. I am 5'6.5" and I rode a medium with a 60mm stem. I found this setup to be ideal. I used to ride small frames but now ride mediums...I am able to run a shorter stem which really improves the handling of the front end of the bike, the larger frame also results in more stability at speed. On small frames I was running 75-90mm stems with the seat as far back on the rails which effects the characteristics of the rear suspension.

My personal set up is a knolly endorphin with a 45mm stem. There is a definite trend towards running longer frames with shorter stems for good reason, check out Fabian Barel's take on the subject. I would highly recommend getting a medium frame and running a shorter stem.

a dad
    Jan 2004
    I am 5'8 and ride a medium, my friend is 5'6 and rides a small..

I find that there is not that much difference in size and I could definately fit on a small too. Keep in mind that the seat post is not continuous and therefore you have to be careful on sizing so that you can use a dropper post.. I would venture to say that if you tried to ride a medium with a dropper, the seat would be too high when fully extended.

My reverb at full extension is just right, but if I was a half inch shorter it wouldn't work
    BBZ

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Benjamin Franklin