Thread: Help Please ???

mtbr member
    Nov 2014

Help Please ???

Hi there, can anyone tell me what year this Rocky Mountain bike is please ? Are they any good ? And whats it worth today ? I have been offered it...and I like the look of it.... Thanks for any help
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help Please ???-mtb.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Looks like a 2006 RM ETSX 70:
    XtremeCanada.com

Can't help with anything beyond the identification, though. No experience on one. Sorry.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    So, no-one can give me ANY info at all ?????

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    My friend has one, but a model or 2 above that one with the carbon rear. He likes it a lot.
    14 Ibis Ripley
    ?? Carver 420 TI
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    It's a good bike. A friend of mine had one for a while.

Rocky Mountain makes a really good product. That particular bike was designed to have a adjustable travel on the rear end( notice the the loop hole for the shock mount on the linkage.). This was a cool feature but also made the bike a little bit flexier.

But it sounds like this might be your first mountain bike?

If that is the case, then That bike will be a great bike for you.

mtbr member
    Here's all the mfg info:

2006 Rocky Mountain ETSX 70 - BikePedia

It's a rather old bike, and bikes have changed a considerable amount since then. I wouldn't pay more than $500 for it, and that's a bit of a stretch. I sold a Giant Reign 1 that was 4 years newer, in better condition, cost $2900 new, and had over $1000 of upgrades in it, and the most I got out of it was $1000. So if they want anything close to that, I would keep looking for something better.
    tangaroo: What electrolytes do chicken and turkey have again?
    rck18: All of them, because they're meat.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by saidrick View Post
    It's a good bike. A friend of mine had one for a while.

Rocky Mountain makes a really good product. That particular bike was designed to have a adjustable travel on the rear end( notice the the loop hole for the shock mount on the linkage.). This was a cool feature but also made the bike a little bit flexier.
    Hi Saidrick, I appreciate the input, I have only just got into MTB but I am loving it. I bought a Trek 4300 earlier this year, and its ok for messing about on, but on a serious trail, it just feels a bit weak. Anyhow, I have since bought the RM in the picture, it is absolutely mint ! Plus it has lots of high end after market parts on it. I don't think its ever been off road ! I have given 500.00 Sterling for it. Some might say that's too much for a second hand bike, but in my eyes , it`s less than I paid for my Trek, but a whole lot better bike...

But it sounds like this might be your first mountain bike?

If that is the case, then That bike will be a great bike for you.
    Hi Saidrick, I appreciate the input, I have only just got into MTB but I am loving it. I bought a Trek 4300 earlier this year, and its ok for messing about on, but on a serious trail, it just feels a bit weak. Anyhow, I have since bought the RM in the picture, it is absolutely mint ! Plus it has lots of high end after market parts on it. I don't think its ever been off road ! I have given 500.00 Sterling for it. Some might say that's too much for a second hand bike, but in my eyes , it`s less than I paid for my Trek, but a whole lot better bike...