Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Help picking new bike

792 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  CraptacularOne 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I'm pretty new to Mountain Biking, I currently have a 2010 Giant Anthem X3 and I want to replace it for an AM bike. The problem I ran into is that I can't decide between the Giant Reign 0 and the Reign X0. On the 0 I like the XT components and the price. But the X0 looks better but I have never used SRAM components so I'm a little concerned about that. As far a price I can get the X0 for $600 more. What do you guys recommend? Is the Reign X0 worth the extra $600?

Thanks

#2 ·
Well the Reign X0 and 0 are not the same. The X0 is built a little beefier with longer travel suspension weighs a little more and comes with a 20mm thru axle. While the 0 is a little lighter, not as beefy and comes with a 15mm thru axle.

The X0 is more suited to taking the bigger drops, bombing downhill runs and nasty trails with it's almost 7 inches of travel. The 0 is more suited to going fast in single track, tight technical descents and the long climbs, but it can walk a little on the wild side since it's has a nice 6 inches of travel.

Either is a fine bike but your decision should be made by what kind of riding you do or want to do. The X0 think of as more of a "all mountain" rig, while the 0 is more of a trail/all mountain" rig.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.