mtbr member
    May 2005

HELP..Marin Mt. Vision vs CD Rize 4

Dilema here for sure and need some opinions

2008 Marin Mt. Vision Quad XC in pristine condition with upgraded Mavic Crossmax ST wheelset.

2009 Cannondale Rize 4 with hardly any use and all original.

Both bikes are essentially new IMO. The Marin is a 3K bike plus the wheel set. The Rize averages about 2,300 new.

Both approx. the same price (I wont mention) with the CD Rize a little more. Both killler deals with the Marin a smoking deal I believe.

Which to go for????????

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Have you ridden both bikes yet? Feel/fit will most likely give you some useful guidance as to which direction to go. These two have different suspension designs, different geometry etc...so its not really an apples to apples comparison. A better parts pick doesn't mean squat if you aren't on the right fitting/feeling bike in my opinion.

BTW I recently picked up a new '09 Rize 4 and couldn't be more stoked!

mtbr member
    May 2005
    It's for my son not me. He has ridden the Marin and fit and feel was good for what he was able to do with it. He has also ridden the CD and liked that one also. He has ridden my Prophet and was very comfortable on that to. He was not able to really give them a proper testing (thrashing) but that's often the case buying used. We need to make a decision this weekend and personally I think he should get the Marin but was hoping someone might have more insight than we do on these 2 bikes.

mtbr member
    Marin.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Timpanogos
    Marin.
    Our choice as well Picking it up today and even though it's for my son I'm more excited about it than he is but I'm more geeky about stuff like this.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    as a rize 4 owner i would recommend it with closed eyes! Amazing bike.

Members who have read this thread: 0