Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nzl62
    Carbon, fragile? Complete and utter ********.
    Good luck. You may need it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    the yeti is a superb bike. ride them both and decide for yourself

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Curmy
    Next time a Dreamliner's fuselage comes in a proximity of sharp rocks, revisit your argument.

Carbon is a dubious fad material. The whole point is that a manufacturer has a fatter margin. There are no real benefits, and every manufacturer warns about the dangers of hidden damage. Read the fine print.

Let's see whom should we believe, someone who has no proof or research to support their baseless claim or hundreds of happy customers who have ridden their Mojo's relentlessly and have wrecked them many times with no major issues.
    Their can be stress fractures in Aluminum as well. Ever heard of metal fatigue??? What's wrong with you? Aluminum frames have and will continue to fail without warning when pushing hard...
    I just don't get your baseless hatred for carbon. You seam like a crazy sky is falling zealot who has provided no proof whatsoever. As far as the dreamliner's concerned, I am sure that a goose could do quite a bit of damage to a plane at 250mph. But no, no pebbles at 10000' going 10mph. But possibly hail @ 600mph.
    I'd say you are a bored troll from Pinkbike.
    Last edited by wormvine; 10-31-2008 at 09:02 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wormvine
    Let's see whom should we believe, someone who has no proof or research to support their baseless claim or hundreds of happy customers who have ridden their Mojo's relentlessly and have wrecked them many times with no major issues.
    Their can be stress fractures in Aluminum as well. Ever heard of metal fatigue??? What's wrong with you? Aluminum frames have and will continue to fail without warning when pushing hard...
    I just don't get your baseless hatred for carbon. You seam like a crazy sky is falling zealot who has provided no proof whatsoever. As far as the dreamliner's concerned, I am sure that a goose could do quite a bit of damage to a plane at 250mph. But no, no pebbles at 10000' going 10mph. But possibly hail @ 600mph.
    I'd say you are a bored troll from Pinkbike.
    You are welcome to your opinion and to lightening up your wallet.

The proof is in disclosures provided by manufacturers. Read them sometime. I am not going to experiment on my ass.

I am not the only one having the doubts: http://airlineworld.wordpress.com/20...may-be-unsafe/ There is also a difference between resins, fibers and quality control used for airospace, and by small manufacturers. Do you want to get the frame that was laid up after a good party? I would not. Consistency of results depends too much on quality control.

I do not ride lightweight aluminum either. Yes it fatigues and fails. For a light hardtail it is titanium all the way. Of course one can contaminate titanium welds as well.. Still a better bet.

Do you work for Ibis? Or do you just spend a lot of money there?
    Last edited by Broccoli; 11-01-2008 at 02:15 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Curmy
    You are welcome to your opinion and to lightening up your wallet.

The proof is in disclosures provided by manufacturers. Read them sometime. I am not going to experiment on my ass.

I am not the only one having the doubts: http://airlineworld.wordpress.com/20...may-be-unsafe/ There is also a difference between resins, fibers and quality control used for airospace, and by small manufacturers. Do you want to get the frame that was laid up after a good party? I would not. Consistency of results depends too much on quality control.

I do not ride lightweight aluminum either. Yes it fatigues and fails. For a light hardtail it is titanium all the way. Of course one can contaminate titanium welds as well.. Still a better bet.

Do you work for Ibis? Or do you just spend a lot of money there?
    I don't own a Mojo nor do I work for Ibis. I don't even have a light bike. I ride a custom IH 6point8 with a coil fork and it weighs 38lbs. I enjoy burly. But I am not going to ignore the fact that there are 90 positive, sometimes glowing reviews of the Mojo here on MTBR. There has also been many threads discussing this very issue and once again many, many glowing reviews of the Mojo's durability. I have yet to see anyone mention a catastrophic front triangle frame failure. So my "opinion" is far from baseless. It is based on actual riders experience with the bike. I understand the caveats of carbon fiber. I understand how carbon fails. But the Mojo has proven itself so far. That's a fact.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Rode a steep techy rocky trail today. Me on my Mojo, mate on a fairly new nomad, other mate on a Mk3.

Nomad broke. No crash, no warning, just kinda fell apart. We were speechless, he was gutted. Important to remember, all frames break. Even Brooklyns sometimes.

I windsurf. a lot, and all my booms are carbon. Its the alloy ones you have to watch out for. Alloy handle bars are supposed to be replaced evey 2-3 years... it was news to me, but came directly from the horses mouth so to speak.

I'm sure I'll have a very good go at busting my Mojo, I'll let you all know if I'm succesful.

But some of the arguments both pro s and cons on the se boards are I'll informed at best and completely ignorant at worst. Ride what you are happy with. Give advice when you have FIRST HAND experience of the particular products concerned otherwise, step away from the keyboard and ride yer bike instead

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2