Muhuhahaha

Help buying a Mtn Bike

OK I am looking to get back into Mountain Biking. Can any of you guys help me with a frame size? I am 5'5" 29 year old male. I will mainly be riding on a few trails but still want the option to go with friends when they go on a few ruff rides, and I will be riding on the road with my wife. Later I plan on adding a child trailer to my bike when our little girls gets old to sit in one. Right now I am looking at buying a Jamis. So for they have a better price and you get more of a bike. I did sit on a Gary Fisher today it was a wahoo model and the frame size was a 15.5". I did like this bike, but for 400 bucks the jamis looked and felt alot lighter. Do many adults ride a 15.5" frame? Any help or other suggestions would be great. Thanks guys.

Muhuhahaha
    Or would a Specialized Hardrock Sport be better? Trying to stay around $400

Freshly Fujified

Which feels best?

I would buy the bike that feels best when you ride it. Fit is the most important thing in bike consideration. If it doesn't fit, you won't ride it. As for size, again, you're really the only person who can determine what size is right for you by how you feel when you ride it. FWIW, the 15.5 sounds fine. I'm currently building a bike from scratch and the frame is a 15" frame.

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery