mtbr member

Head tube angle change on a 1.1/8"

X threading from the Turner forum, thought it might be of interest to those who would like to slacken their head tube angle ...

5 spot with ~67 deg. HTA (or maybe a bit less)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Head tube angle change on a 1.1/8"-has.jpg  

A different angle on bikes:
    www.ofanaim.net/has.html

mtbr member
    awesome : )

usually cranky
    that is really really cool. you think someone will start comercially making these? id love to slack my xam out to 67 degrees.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    66 HTA, standard headset.

I have red hair
    "I don't believe in brakes, all they do is slow you down"

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    redgreen i think your missing the point this is for 1 1/8. Im sure the op knows about the angelset.

usually cranky
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGreen
    there you go getting me all excited then i click the link and insta-let down.

I have red hair
    oops, sorry about that, I been havin brain farts lately
    "I don't believe in brakes, all they do is slow you down"

www.derbyrims.com
    The AngleSet is due to have a 1 1/8" version in a few months.

These are different, each head tube size and length must be custom made, no adjustments.

usually cranky
    Quote Originally Posted by derby

These are different, each head tube size and length must be custom made, no adjustments.
    seriously? if i could slack my xam out to around 67 that would be so awesome! any additional info or link?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by derby
    kinda. The current AngleSet is only available for headtubes that have a 1.5" bottom cup, whether its tapered or full 1.5". They are supposedly working on a version for headtubes with 44mm top and bottom cups, i.e. most 1+1/8" zerostack headtubes, but it won't be able to adjust as far as the current versions. There has been no word of an option for the more common and tradition 1+1/8" external headsets, and it likely isn't possible except for custom machining like in this thread

mtbr member

Technicaly...

Quote Originally Posted by boomn
    kinda. The current AngleSet is only available for headtubes that have a 1.5" bottom cup, whether its tapered or full 1.5". They are supposedly working on a version for headtubes with 44mm top and bottom cups, i.e. most 1+1/8" zerostack headtubes, but it won't be able to adjust as far as the current versions. There has been no word of an option for the more common and tradition 1+1/8" external headsets, and it likely isn't possible except for custom machining like in this thread
    The next product that I would expect is the 44mm (zero-stack/semi integrated) version.
    The product will have to make one of the cups external, as there is not enough room to change the angle if the bearings remain within the headtube.

I have been modeling different head tubes / steering tubes / headsets for a while and the main issue with 1.1/8" headtubes is that there is not enough room to insert an adjustable mechanism to allow angle changes. Same goes for 1.5" head tubes with 1.5" steering tubes.

Thus, the only option I found after playing with the idea for almost a year now, is to make taylor made bearing cups aith an offset angle.

I have just finished designing cups for 1.5" head tube with 1.5" steering tube.
    For a Banshee Rune this time, plenty of room if your design is accurate.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Head tube angle change on a 1.1/8"-capture.jpg  

A different angle on bikes:
    www.ofanaim.net/has.html

mtbr member
    I have just finished designing cups for 1.5" head tube with 1.5" steering tube.
    For a Banshee Rune this time, plenty of room if your design is accurate.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Saar, I can't wait! Should be a nice and welcomed change to an already fairly versatile ride. Hope it everything turns out as expected, should make my ride just about right

JG
    Ride On!