mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Have you tried different dropper remotes?

I ordered a 9point8 dropper post and I had the choice of 3 different remotes. So I thought I ordered the "Digit" which looks like a shifter but I ordered the "Trigger" because I confused trigger w/ trigger shifter - Argggg. The "Trigger" looks more like a mini brake lever : https://www.9point8.ca/index.php?rou...&product_id=54

Anyone try 9point8's trigger or have opinions on remote styles? Thanks.

mtbr member
    I use a RaceFace lever with a Specialized Command Post. There is no comparison, the RF lever is massively better. It is larger, so easier to hit, and easier to push.

So yes, different lever types make a difference.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Wolftooth for me. Regular or the newer LA version ( light action ).
    *2018 Pivot Mach 5.5 Custom Build*
    *2017 Knolly Warden Custom Build*

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I bought a wolf tooth lever for my reverb because the stupid plunger thing it came with is terrible. I like the wolf tooth a lot, easy to install and feels nice.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    What is the preferred remote from using the stock POS remote on a KS LEV? Looking to upgrade soon, I cannot stand the stock remote.
    EXODUX Jeff

MTB B'dos
    Sorry man, that's a pretty big snafu for you, I'd just call 9point8 and I'm sure they'll help you make it right. For the life of me can't imagine anyone who would want to or prefer to use a lever like that, no clue why they came up with that one Maybe you could try mounting it reversed and under the bar to work like a gear shifter.

Personally I've only had the first remote they made and it's worked good, only complained is not micro adjustable so you can adjust the angle to help avoid shifters if you haven't followed the sheep and still run a 2x setup. If I was buying a new remote, I think I'd go for probably a Wolf Tooth as it's gotten great reviews.
    https://nsmb.com/articles/wolftooth-...r-post-remote/
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??

mtbr member
    The wolf tooth one is near perfection.
    There's a whole multi-page thread on dropper remotes around here somewhere.
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    My 9point8 came with a wolftooth remote its really nice.

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    I have a wolftooth remote on one bike and the Raceface dropper lever on another. Of the two I like the RF remote much better because it's rounded and has a little nicer paddle shape. The wolftooth is good but the edges are not very well rounded and the face is just flat which can sometimes chafe my thumb when riding

Kick Start My Heart
    I converted my lever for the front when I went to the single ring. It already had a home on my bars, matched the other side, and it looks cool as a 'stealth remote'

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Have used GD remote rh setup on left side under bar, Wolftooth, and Bikeyoke Triggy.

GD is decent but takes some effort and is thin. Bigger issue is when threading the cable, if you eff it up you have start over small margin for error.

Wolf tooth is phenomenal. I thought “someone out there understands me” when I first used. Easy install, much more adjustable position , and much larger paddle surface.

Triggy is an improvement over the Wolftooth but not gigantic. Slightly easier setup, and I slightly prefer their surface.

I have a slight preference for Triggy but very happy with WT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I like the Fox transfer remote. I've used the KS one and never had a issue with it. I also used the Bontrager with I did like but its a bit chunky.
    I like to fart when I'm in front of you on a climb

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    My transfer thumb lever failed on second ride. Securing rivet fell out

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Another Wolftooth LA convert here, love it
    Devinci Marshall Carbon 27.5+

Colorado Springs, CO

mtbr member
    I'm currently using the OneUp lever with my Fox Transfer post and its been great. I also had the WolfTooth remote on a previous bike which worked about the same as the OneUp but its more expensive. The original Fox lever broke after a few rides and it has a small contact point.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I love my xfusion hilo remote. like the KS and RS posts more, but the joystick remote is my favorite.

Rides like a girl
    Feb 2015
    I see why everyone likes the Wolftooth remote; IT HAS AN ADORABLE WOLF ON IT!!!!

(btw, I have the KS Southpaw, and I like it even though it has no cute animal on it.)
    17 Kona Hei Hei Trail 27.5
    15 Framed Minnesota 3.0XWT

mtbr member
    I have a Wolftooth remote with an X-fusion Manic and a Wolftooth LA with a Fox Transfer. The LA is a bit longer to create more leverage so it is a little more instrusive and I hit it with my left thumb or knuckle occasionally. Otherwise, very happy with both.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

rth009
    May 2010
    I went from the Reverb plunger to the reverb lever and it was a huge improvement.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    I've used the KS lever that replaces a grip lockring, the Nukeproof one that is like a bad knockoff of the KS lever, the Bontrager 1x paddle and the BikeYoke 1x paddle.

The KS is pretty good for being a tiny little thing.

The Nukeproof works well but feels cheap.

The Bontrager 1x paddle felt like it was falling apart (so did the less than 1 year old post, incidentally).

The BikeYoke Triggy 1x paddle felt amazingly smooth new and hasn't degraded over the last year and a half.

100% PRIME ALBERTA BEEF
    I loved the X-Fusion joystick remote on a rental I had in Moab. It may be my all time favourite remote.

I like the Woltooth I have right now controlling my Transfer. It was originally mounted with its own clamp. I switched it to a MatchMaker in an effort to clean things up. I may go back to the separate clamp mount as it is a lot more adjustable than the MM attachment.

The Rockshox paddle remote that I briefly had before the WT and Transfer replaced it, was fine.

Even older RS plunger remotes were fine.

The only horrible one I have had has been the Trans-X one. Horrible. Almost unusable. It is being replaced with another WT/Transfer combo. I am going with the Shimano I-Spec attachment (like the MM), but may switch to a separate clamp if it is not adjustable enough.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    The new PNW remote looks interesting. I think it is between that or the Wolf tooth as the ones I'm looking at to replace my KS lever.
    EXODUX Jeff

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Jeff View Post
    The new PNW remote looks interesting. I think it is between that or the Wolf tooth as the ones I'm looking at to replace my KS lever.
    KS Southpaw works really well and is inexpensive.