mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Has anyone tried Edge composites all mountain rim?

As the title states I am trying to see if anyone has used these rims as at 30mm inner width and only 400 grams they make the claim that they are for All mountain which puts up a tall order in the rim.

I don't want this to start into a Carbon is brittle debate ect, I just wanted to see if anyone has used them and what their thoughts are.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I've ridden them on one of jeff jones's bikes and it felt solid to me. If money wasn't an issue they'd definitely be included in my next wheel build. I remember him telling a story about how he landed a pretty big drop sideways and felt the rim flex pretty severally under the pressure only to snap right back into place without any damage. I think he said that he was pretty confident most other rims of that weight would've broken. He runs fairly low pressure as well, and said he dings them on rocks all the time without any issues.

♥ ς╥33
    I would lika to see destruction tests of rims, first straight from the top, squeese them together, then sideways 30 degree or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Curmy
    Carbon is a fad.
    Quote Originally Posted by robicycle
    Just lube your ass with asscream and ride for how long you want.

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by The Beater
    As the title states I am trying to see if anyone has used these rims as at 30mm inner width and only 400 grams they make the claim that they are for All mountain which puts up a tall order in the rim.

I don't want this to start into a Carbon is brittle debate ect, I just wanted to see if anyone has used them and what their thoughts are.
    Holy crap! For $750 per rim, they better live up to the claim!

$1,500 just for a set of rims. Wow!
    Last edited by kapusta; 02-09-2009 at 07:15 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Ya they are pricey, however if they are bomb proof and offer a 32mm inner rim channel at 400 grms they are the best of all worlds.

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    Ya they are pricey, however if they are bomb proof and offer a 32mm inner rim channel at 400 grms they are the best of all worlds.
    I thought 32mm was the outside measurement.

GAME ON!
    they are not the best of all worlds because they are $750 each. stan's ztr flow are comparable and they are $80 each and like 70g heavier.

70g for $670 dollars more
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I keep checking their website and can not find anything I did find on wheel builder that they are 30mm wide so not sure if they are still refering to the outside.

mtbr member
    30mm is the inside width.

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SuspectDevice
    30mm is the inside width.
    Wow, that's pretty wide for 400g. Over 7mm wider than the Stans Flow.

Don't get me wrong, I think it is great that someone is trying this, and I I think it may hold a lot of promise in the future as a way to get lighter, stronger wheels. However, at $1,500 for a set, this is simply a matter of a fool and his money being parted. Even if I had more money than I knew what to do with, I'd want to see A LOT of these out on the trails for several years to be confident that I was not throwing money away (of course, I realize this is probably why the OP was asking in the first place)

I look forward to this type of stuff getting more affordable in the future. Like maybe 20% of the current cost. I'm not holding my breath.