mtbr member
    Aug 2010

harmful to adjustable seatpost?

hi everyone, first post here so please bear with me
    read a lot about adjustable seatposts (very helpful) but could not find any info
    heres the deal, im only 5'5" and my seatpost length from rail to seat collar is 6.5 inches
    im pretty interested with the reverb but as tscheezy's info states, minimum exposed seatpost is 195 mm (7.67 in) is needed, if i used the reverb and not use all of the maximum height/full extension (125 mm) and just probably set max height at 100 mm would it damage it? do you have to be at max height at normal riding or it doesnt matter? thanks a lot guys

mtbr member
    What happens when you're standing up and hit the switch and seat goes to full extension?

You'll never be able to have your seat at it's optimal pedal height, it will always be a guess
    and you just don't want to be trying to get it correct as your riding. Bad idea IMO.

I also wouldn't be quick to hop on the Reverb bandwagon yet, it's brand new and I would give it some time to play out.

You can run a 3" drop Gravity Dropper with 6.25 of exposed seatpost. What I like about the Gravity Dropper is it's simplicity, I've had mine 2 years without one problem.
    Good Luck!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010

thanks

actually the gd with a 3 inch drop was my first choice, does the play bother you?
    read a lot about their customer service and im kinda impressed
    again thanks

mtbr member
    I don't notice any play to speak of, have great customer service, and the're made in the USA!

T.W.O.
    You can check out KS post, they are shorter and you can squeeze more adj travel out of them. I posted some pic it may help you calculate the insertion good luck.
    .KS 950 seatpost question

mtbr member
    Cant remember which post in another thread I had posted previously but here is the measuremens on the KS post , 380mm length for 5" drop needing ~7.25 inch exposed.

max insertion-- need 7 3/8" (shouldnt be all that much different for the remote version. Insertion point for my present KSi950 is at the same place with the older non remote shown here)

Pirate!!!
    Can you tell me the distance from seat rails to minimum insertion line when fully extended on the KS. Thanks.

mtbr member
    at min insertion
    i900 @ 10.5"
    ip950r @ 10.8"

Noted the minimum insertion point is ~12.5cm from the bottom.
    Many posts have ~10cm. so u might get away with another 2 to 2-5 cm additional.
    But don't quote me on that- better check with the mfr on this one..
    Dun want a broken post and a sorry a a$$ on my conscience
    Last edited by anvil_den; 11-03-2010 at 09:36 AM.

Pirate!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by anvil_den
    at min insertion
    i900 @ 10.5"
    ip950r @ 10.8"

Noted the minimum insertion point is ~12.5cm from the bottom.
    Many posts have ~10cm. so u might get away with another 2 to 2-5 cm additional.
    But don't quote me on that- better check with the mfr on this one..
    Dun want a broken post and a sorry a a$$ on my conscience
    10.5" is great! that gives me about 3/4" to the min. insert line. Im going to pic up a i900r tomorrow.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010

great

thanks for the replies
    that ks looks like the one

Inrideo est vita

X-Fusion HiLo

The X-Fusion Shox HiLo seatpost is 6.75" minimum height (from the bottom of the collar to the seat rails) with a 4"drop at just $250 USD MSRP ($275 CDN).
    They are available now in 27.2, 30.9 and 31.6mm.
    Last edited by SSteel; 11-04-2010 at 11:14 AM.
    Canadian distribution: X-Fusion Shox, Rand Momentum lube and Canadian Shield fenders.
    TheRide.ca
    Facebook