Thread: Handlebars

mtbr member

Handlebars

So I am looking at either the ODI Flight control bars @ 750 mm with a 25 mm rise or the Deity Dirty30. As far as I am aware those 2 bars have the same specs except for a few grams in weight difference. Or am I missing something altogether?

FWIW I like the white that the Deity's come in.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Deity^

mtbr member

Handlebars

Thanks. Do you have any reason why or just preference?

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I don't have either. Riding enve carbon bars. Heard a lot of good stuff about the deity bars though that was my choice if I went alum. Odi makes good grips been using since I rode bmx not so much bars in my opinion. Have you checked out the renthal bars?

mtbr member

Handlebars

I appreciate the reply. I have not checked out renthal bars. Anything in particular to look at?

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    FatBar Lite just check around the forum about what people say. I know a lot of people dig the deity. Renthal is huge in mx so I'm sure they are strong. If you type in on google like deity bars or odi bars there will be a mtbr forum post you can click on to see what people have said about them.

mtbr member
    The renthals actually look pretty good. a bit spendy. I appreciate the help once again.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Np man

mtbr member
    Cant go wrong with the D30. Check out Answer as well as Renthal, they have been around for a long time. I have a Kore Durox bar at the moment and I find them to be pretty damn comfortable coming from Sunline V1's.

I would buy Enve If i could afford it

mtbr member

Handlebars

Awesome. I'll check those bars out too.

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011

Re: Handlebars

Just look at all bars: Thomson, race face, ENVE, chromag, renthal, moots, anything.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Gnar
    I ordered the Deity Dirty30 to replace an Answer Am720. The Answer was a great upgrade two years ago, but now I want to go wider!

mtbr member
    The deity bars are excellent, I've used them for awhile. Now I have their Blacklabel bars on my DH bike. For my AM bike however i used the Raceface SIXC bars and they feel excellent plus their light and stiff as hell.

Out of your choices i'd say go w/ the Deity bars. Sadie provides the best customer service. You have questions and she chat with you about product, riding and everything. Super cool folks at that company. I'm real interested in their carbon bars now.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I'm running the Haven 2011 carbon now but I fell little narrow, I'm planning going wider for my AM ride, maybe 730-740mm for me that's the right length, I had in my other bike the Spike 777 it felt good for DH but for Am I think will be too wide, so my option in Carbon is the Enve AM or Chromag Cutlass in Alloy maybe Thompson or Spyke but recut to 740mm

Butts Up Fast!
    I'm looking between the Dirty 30 and the Black labels from Deity right now for my AM rig. I seem to be going wider bar/shorter stem every few months. Right now I'm riding 710mm bars/60mm stem. I think 750mm+bar/50mm stem may be the ticket. I started with a 680mm bar/90mm stem in the beginning. its just a lot more comfortable and easier to control this way.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan_daugherty View Post
    The deity bars are excellent, I've used them for awhile. Now I have their Blacklabel bars on my DH bike. For my AM bike however i used the Raceface SIXC bars and they feel excellent plus their light and stiff as hell.

Out of your choices i'd say go w/ the Deity bars. Sadie provides the best customer service. You have questions and she chat with you about product, riding and everything. Super cool folks at that company. I'm real interested in their carbon bars now.
    Good call on the customer service aspect. Thats something I feel most people over look

mtbr member
    As of now, it looks like I will go with the d30s. Thanks for all the replies.

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011

Re: Handlebars

Chromag also has good customer service. I got day of shipping on my order when I called them.

Fubar OSX 780mm for over a year now. Considering ENVE on my next build.

mtbr member

Handlebars

Also good to know. I'll look back into them

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I am also looking at the D30's. Has anyone ridden the Truvativ Boobar in the 740mm version?

Paste eater
    I have a pair of the ODI flights. They are now on my fiance's TBLT. I got a pair of SMACs and cut them down to 810mm. Now the 750mm width of the ODI feel a bit narrow. Crazy.

I have friends that really like the loaded bars. They come in a bunch of colors, are 790mm and have a bit more sweep if you are into that.