Aussie Rider
    Aug 2005

GT's new 08 range

I just found this
    http://thisjustin.bicycling.com/2007...rides-on-.html
    and think the new GT 08 Force might be just the thing for me
    Ive currently got a I Drive 5 2.0 and have found that a brilliant off the shelf bike for the dollars. Ive done a few upgrades, but even in standard trim it is an excellent trail bike.
    Cant wait to get some more info on the 08 range.

Don't be a sheep
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieBernie
    I just found this
    Ive currently got a I Drive 5 2.0 and have found that a brilliant off the shelf bike for the dollars. Ive done a few upgrades, but even in standard trim it is an excellent trail bike.
    Here's a picture of Hans Rey putting the Force through the wringer.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Do not touch the trim"

mtbr member
    i dont like that thing they do with the hardtails, they seat stay and the top tube meat. imo it looks cheap. and they're road bikes are very poopy and flexy
    GETOFFTHEBRAKESYAFAIRY

Awesome not Rad

2008 GT Force

Quote Originally Posted by AussieBernie
    I just found this
    The crew at GT put me on an early prototype about 6 months ago. These are pics when I finished building it. 30lbs. 7oz. 6" travel and kills it on the climbs. I am waiting for the Maxle drop-outs they make as I have a maxle rear wheel waiting. Ive been dying to post this bike since I got it but I was asked to keep it on the DL till it was official. Not sure if they made anychanges since this version, I hope not cuz this one is perfect
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    That is a nice looking ride. Describe how it rides will ya? Good on rocks, high and low speed, etc.
    2011 Sponsors: Rocky Mountain Racing, Golden Bike Shop, WTB

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by farmerjohn
    The crew at GT put me on an early prototype about 6 months ago. These are pics when I finished building it. 30lbs. 7oz. 6" travel and kills it on the climbs. I am waiting for the Maxle drop-outs they make as I have a maxle rear wheel waiting. Ive been dying to post this bike since I got it but I was asked to keep it on the DL till it was official. Not sure if they made anychanges since this version, I hope not cuz this one is perfect
    ooooooooooo old xtr so pretty
    GETOFFTHEBRAKESYAFAIRY

Awesome not Rad
    Quote Originally Posted by jhhubb
    That is a nice looking ride. Describe how it rides will ya? Good on rocks, high and low speed, etc.
    I was ridding a Nomad for a while before this bike and the first thing I notice other than the weight was that I can climb. This bike goes up rocky rough trails realy well.
    69 head angle is good for all my local trails but when it gets step and fast, a few angles slacker would be ideal. I think they will make two versions, one for more XC stuff and one for more freeride. It only feels like a 6" bike when the trail gets rough, otherwise feels like a 5" XC bike when ripping single track, climbing or stomping fire roads.
    I was told that the RP23 that is on there has no propedal when its open setting. I have used the propedal#2 setting on a few long fire road climbs and its a cool feature but not completely needed.
    I guess Idrive has come along way, when I first saw it I didnt even realize it was one of those. Looks pretty basic actaully

Just a punk in the street
    Oooo! I like the looks of that bike. I also have the ID 5 2.0 and love it. But man I like the looks of this one. Hmmmmm!

mtbr member
    like that fatory proto look!
    Unpainted. Why not make it available?

Also like the hidroforming tubes - Main frame and swingarm near the shock mount!

Do you have weight for that bike?
    Prices?

mtbr member
    I like this new GT lineup, the TripleT hardtails looks great

Aussie Rider
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by farmerjohn
    Any Idea how GT are going to spec the new Force?
    I would love to know

mtbr member
    This is the only news that warrants my first post ever! Woo! Those are sweet looking bikes. I'm going to have to check those out when they're available. If they spec it like the IDrive 1.0 I'll be happy.

mtbr member
    Ok, dont know if anyone have seen this, but here are some specs on the Force 1.0.

You may notice that there are alot of other specs for the 2008 range as well.

http://www.bike007.cz/celoodpruzena-...orce-1.0-2008/

Flying Goat
    that does look pretty sick... not too sure if i like the isolated bb idea though... but to each his own... XD

mtbr member
    I've always wondered, how do the pedals/cranks feel given their attachment to the rear suspension. Most fs bikes have the BB isolated from the rear suspension. Can you feel more of the trail in your feet with this design?