Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Gravity Lite Cranks?

746 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Jim311 
#1 ·
Would like some input on anyone using these Gravity cranks,or any suggestions for AM specific cranks

#2 ·
I don't know anything about the Gravity cranks. I just bought the Shimano SLX double from Chainreactioncycles for about $100 US dollars. Seems like a good deal. Have heard good things about them, haven't received them yet. They come with a 36/22/bash.

#7 ·
I have some. There pretty light, very light actually, but they're NOT stiff. I have the external BB setup, which is supposedly stiffer then the old setup, but they're still pretty friggen flexy. Significantly flexier then XT cranks. Great option for light weight DH crank (lightest weight, in fact) but they're pretty bendy.

#8 ·
William42 said:
I have some. There pretty light, very light actually, but they're NOT stiff. I have the external BB setup, which is supposedly stiffer then the old setup, but they're still pretty friggen flexy. Significantly flexier then XT cranks. Great option for light weight DH crank (lightest weight, in fact) but they're pretty bendy.
What makes one x-type crank stiffer than another x-type? They both use external bearings. The only difference could be the difference in thickness or material of the arms. It's virtually the same interface. I guess I just haven't noticed the lack of stiffness, although I'm running the Moto-X cranks that I got for stupid cheap at Cambria. Maybe a few grams heavier but half the price! I couldn't justify getting the Lites and spending the extra coin. :cool:

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.