mtbr member
    May 2004

Gravity Dropper...the only post I will ever buy!

Wayne just solidified why I will never buy any other post. I've had my dropper for over 7 years (got 2 when they first came out). Every once in awhile it wouldn't want to lock in position so I would service it (5 to 15 minute job once/twice per season). During this time the remote lever developed a crack in the face plate. I ordered a new one but never installed it because the old one kept working. Finally after 7 years I broke the seat clamp piece. Was thinking about ordering parts and fixing/servicing myself but read a post how someone sent theirs in at a cheap cost. So I sent it in.

It came back a totally new dropper Everything is tight, no side to side movement (this never really bothered me), and I could tell they put some new parts on at no cost to me. Turn around time was quick too. I've always loved my dropper but now I would like to renew my vows

Keep up the good work Wayne!!!

mtbr member
    Me too! GD forever - no mechanical failure (in 4 years or so) can be serviced in the trail, and if you have a problem you can lock it where you want and ride home.

T.W.O.
    Chris, what travel do you have on your GD. I have 3" version, it has terrible play, wonder if I can send it in for service, I don't mind paying for it but I was hoping to get a bit more travel on the post

May be I'll give them a call tomorrow.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    I've had several GD posts. I have to say, my Spec. Command Post looks and works better. However, GD might have the best customer service in the biking biz.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I have a 2.5 inch drop. I had some side to side play before I sent it in (this never really bothered me) but when I got it back there was absolutely none. If you want more drop just tell them. I am pretty sure all they have to do is make another hole (then you'll have a 3 position dropper.

$15 + shipping = new dropper

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mimi1885
    Chris, what travel do you have on your GD. I have 3" version, it has terrible play, wonder if I can send it in for service, I don't mind paying for it but I was hoping to get a bit more travel on the post

May be I'll give them a call tomorrow.

You can buy the inner post that'll take it from 3" to 4" for about $30. That's what I did.

mtbr member
    I know Wayne and have ridden with him. He is a top notch guy and builds a top notch product. GD all the way. I love my 5" GD

mtbr member
    I have 2 GDs and a Reverb. Both have advantages. I like the GDs for their simplicity and how quick the return is. The Reverb is more flexible and smoother. I just wish that GD would develop a better remote.

T.W.O.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowLow
    You can buy the inner post that'll take it from 3" to 4" for about $30. That's what I did.
    Thanks, I checked it out, awesome. I'd probably get the 4-2 drop+the new clamps $45 not too bad.