mtbr member

Got Some $$ - Let's Hear Some Ideas!

Ok here's the deal. I have been combining and mashing parts from several bikes into one do it all type thing. I just sold a frame and have some cash coming my way - around $600. I don't know whether to drop it on a fork, or wheels or what. I need a crank, probably Saint, but can I justify spending that much more for the new ones? Here is the Spec so far, feel free to suggest anything. Just bouncing around ideas and would like some input. Right now I am leaning towards an '06-'08 Fox 36 to replace my current fork along with cranks. We'll see. Thanks!
    Specialized SX RP23
    Manitou Minute MRD Absolute 130mm
    Avid Elixir R 203/160
    Thomson X4 50mmx 0deg.
    Sunline V-1 OS 745mm Bars - low rise.
    Thomson Post
    Charge Spoon Saddle
    Atomlab Trailimps 20mmx135mm - Meh kind of outdated.
    Maxxis Minion DH F's all around
    Specialized Lo Pro Mag II
    Shimano XT Shadow RD
    Shimano Ultegra Cassette
    Shimano XT Shifter
    Shimano Saint Cranks - New or Old?

Thanks guys!

mtbr member
    New forks are usually an upgrade that you will notice the changes the most, unless your current fork is already similar in performance to what you intend to upgrade to (i can't speak of the Minute, never used it before). But from the looks of it, from the Minute, the 36 will definitely improve stiffness.

The new saints will be considerably lighter, but your current ones are most likely just as strong. So in this department, it's more about whether saving weight is important.

If you ride really aggressive terrain, and like to do drops and jumps, might be worth looking into getting a coil shock.

Members who have read this thread: 0