mtbr member
    Aug 2013

Good deal on a santa cruz bullit??

SANTA CRUZ BULLIT BIKE (Large)

Already had an 03 Bullit with all kinds of goodies but sadly it got stolen about 3 months ago.. Not riding is killing me so i'm search of another since I loved that bike so much. This seems like a great deal but the only thing bullit about it is the frame from the looks of it, some ghetto components on there that I definitely plan on swapping out. So my question is: this buy seem worth it to you guys? Don't need to turn into a downhill monster or anything just solid all mountain components for an intermediate rider. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Santa Cruz Bullit XL Freeride Bike

i'm leaning more towards this one now actually, seems like a better deal considering the work i'd have to do to the other one

mtbr member
    Was it really necessary to start 4 of the exact same threads?

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    sorry... just trying to get quick responses. not sure how this forum is since I just joined but others that i'm a part of require multiple thread posting to get answers quickly. wanting to snatch up one of these bikes quick before they sell ya know.

mtbr member
    You'll just annoy/piss everybody off doing that in any forum.

mtbr member
    All of them are a bit older, so you'd want to check them out for cracks, dents, etc before buying. Additionally, how tall are you? You have found both a Large and XL frames. I'd not suggest getting an XL unless you can fit it.
    tangaroo: What electrolytes do chicken and turkey have again?
    rck18: All of them, because they're meat.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    alright, my bad won't happen again. regardless though, that XL is probably too big for me since im only 5'9 but thinking about running a shorter stem to make it work since it seems like a great deal. any thoughts on that cheaper one with random components too?

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by charging_rhinos View Post
    All of them are a bit older, so you'd want to check them out for cracks, dents, etc before buying. Additionally, how tall are you? You have found both a Large and XL frames. I'd not suggest getting an XL unless you can fit it.
    for sure, thanks for the info. going to have to pass on the XL, just bummed because it's relatively close and looks well built. hard to find these for a good deal near me. favorite bike i've had so far.

mtbr member
    the XL is most definitely too big for you at 5'9", even with a shorter stem. I'd probably suggest a medium at your height. The first one is pretty rough looking. I would pass on it personally.
    tangaroo: What electrolytes do chicken and turkey have again?
    rck18: All of them, because they're meat.

mtbr member
    I would pass as well.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    yeah my old bullit was a medium and fit pretty well so that makes sense, i did feel like a large would be nice at times though when i was climbing couldn't really extend my legs as far as I would have liked to but handled really well in all other aspects. I really don't like the first one either, besides it being just plain ugly it has v-brakes on the front in addition to many second rate components. but i'm so broke right now and want a bike pretty bad.. lol might go take a look at least and see if it'd be worth building but if it's too rough in person i'll definitely pass and hold out.