mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Good deal? Rookie question.

Found a 2009 Giant Reign 0 for $2000 new....I know the msrp was $3550 but wasnt sure if it would be outdated. I was looking at a 2011 Reign 2 for $2000 but not sure if the older model is a better buy. Thanks for your help!

SuperInstigator
    JUMP on that Reign 0!!! Much better components for the money. The drivetrain components themselves are two price levels up from those on the Reign 2. Even if the Reign 0 had a year of use on it and it was selling for $2000, I'd probably still take it over the Reign 2.

You have nothing to worry about Giant bikes being "outdated." They are the largest bicycle manufacturer in the world and have a stellar warranty record.
    I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    thats what i had thought but i am a worrier....lol.....its for my wife so i dont want to make her mad....lol

usually cranky
    get the zero but if your wife would get mad with the 2...

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    haha....she won't get mad, she actually wants the 0. I just didn't want to make her mad by getting the wrong bike, but looks i couldn't go wrong either way. Now i just gotta ride with her and watch her out climb me. Maybe i should get her a DH bike instead

perpetual pucker factor
    I have an 09 Reign 1, and it is incredible. Excellent frame, and the 0 has super high end components, even considering new 2011 stuff. Go for it for sure.
    tangaroo: What electrolytes do chicken and turkey have again?
    rck18: All of them, because they're meat.