T.W.O

Good amount of rise?

What a good amount of rise for heavy am/light FR duties? Was looking at sunline v1 os handlebars and they have a 3/4" or 1.5" rise.

usually cranky
    i like 19mm. depends on the feel you want. lower= more downhill, higher= more uphill. generally. ps, v1s are the shizz.

T.W.O
    For the price, they look like the shizzzz. And ok that is what I figured. Going with the 19mm

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by pfox90
    What a good amount of rise for heavy am/light FR duties? Was looking at sunline v1 os handlebars and they have a 3/4" or 1.5" rise.
    Without knowing how the rest of your bike is setup this question is pretty irrelevant...

mtbr member
    For the price, they look like the shizzzz. And ok that is what I figured. Going with the 19mm
    Where are you buying it from? Departmentofgoods.com has a few left of the 711mm/38mm rise bars left from when Chainlove was clearing them out.

Both the 19mm and 38mm rises are good, currently have the former installed on my bike, also the 745mm width is perfect as well. And the finish on them is so nice too.

T.W.O
    The two guys who commented know how my bike is setup. I've whored her out

usually cranky
    haha yeah. i think low would work well. but either really, i would consider 38mm high rise.

T.W.O
    Yeah I mean I'll go with the 19mm rise on the Ragley. I ordered a sortie and would like to get some purple handlebars for that, so I'll go 38mm on that bike. Shame I can't find the same handlebars in purple though. 711 seems like a good length.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Whatever it takes to put your hands where you want/need them. The rise can be in the bars or the stem, makes no difference in the handling.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    Whatever it takes to put your hands where you want/need them. The rise can be in the bars or the stem, makes no difference in the handling.
    This^^^^
    15mm is a second-best solution to a problem that was already solved.

T.W.O
    Ok thanks. I want to get wider bars anyways. And I have a lot of play through my handlebar spacers so I think I'll go with the 3/4.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    OP- were you able to find the the V1's with the 19mm rise for a good price like on departmentgoods.com site? They're only selling them with the 38mm rise for a killer price, I'm wondering if it makes that big of a difference it I pick up the V1's w/ 38mm and just move around spacers if needed.

T.W.O
    I haven't looked yet I just saw them on jenson. I probably won't order them until my birthday hopefully I'll get some jenson gift cards. I think I want to go with the 19mm though because I have my spacers on the top of my stem and it still feels just a smidget too high... maybe.